Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Would like that one.

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Was just about to make a new thread when I saw this one.
Bringing it back to the top because I would also like a "Change Character" button instead of Log Out, we already have Exit for when we want to shut down.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-10-2011, 02:05 PM
I agree with this I find it annoying as all get out when I have to re-log back on the game just to change characters.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosvik
When I quit one character, I shouldn't be logged out of the game. I should go to the character select screen in case I just want to switch to a different character. If I want to log off the game, I can quit from there. Or make a separate button to Exit the Game and Exit to Char Select
They need to make a change to the account server to do that. Champions Online is the same way.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragarr
Was just about to make a new thread when I saw this one.
Bringing it back to the top because I would also like a "Change Character" button instead of Log Out, we already have Exit for when we want to shut down.
I have no problem with it logging us out watch this video. I see it as a safety issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5bozYf5JUo
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
I have no problem with it logging us out watch this video. I see it as a safety issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5bozYf5JUo
That was his own sorry fault for leaving it logged in. I thought Cryptic was a game developer not a babysitter.
I always hold Flag+L when I leave my computer, even if only for a minute.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
That was his own sorry fault for leaving it logged in. I thought Cryptic was a game developer not a babysitter.
I am never this careless either but there are other people out there who are.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spandexjustice
And let me explain why this is bad (as I did when people complained on Champions Online).

Imagine that you have a little brother/sister/enemy. You leave yourself logged onto your less cool Ensign Mule to play with your inventory and you go to get a coke.

While you are gone, your bro/sis/enemy goes over to your computer and casually logs you out: if this leaves them in the character select screen, then can go amok and delete EVERY one of your characters. Even Captain Big Time Super Cruiser and His Amazing Phaser Mark VVVs.

If however, logging out takes you to a login page, they must know your password to do any damage.

That, my friends, is why the login should NOT be changed. It's annoying enough that it automatically fills in your password at time when you log out.

They could, of course, just have passwords needed when characters are deleted. That would work.
Oh yeah really`? Thats the issue?
You know I'm living alone, beside my 5-month old golden retriever. Since my STO-chars are nothing to eat he has never showed any intrest in deleting my characters yet.

If you are really affraid someone "could log out and delets charaters" in your OWN HOME; how about logging off when you leave the pc alone to avoid that?
Hell... my BANKING SOFTWARE allows to switch accounts without any "loging of", and that are more critical things then my STO-chars.
You are resposible for what happens with your pc.

To topic: I'll just sign in, that loging out completly annoys me every time, especially since i have to type in my f*** password every singel time.... with 6 chars I change a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
ROFLMAO. I've seen videos like that before. But I have to agree with Dragarr. He's the moron that left his computer unsecured. He was practically asking for his system to be compromised.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spandexjustice
And let me explain why this is bad (as I did when people complained on Champions Online).

Imagine that you have a little brother/sister/enemy. You leave yourself logged onto your less cool Ensign Mule to play with your inventory and you go to get a coke.

While you are gone, your bro/sis/enemy goes over to your computer and casually logs you out: if this leaves them in the character select screen, then can go amok and delete EVERY one of your characters. Even Captain Big Time Super Cruiser and His Amazing Phaser Mark VVVs.

If however, logging out takes you to a login page, they must know your password to do any damage.

That, my friends, is why the login should NOT be changed. It's annoying enough that it automatically fills in your password at time when you log out.

They could, of course, just have passwords needed when characters are deleted. That would work.
i do agree with what u are saying about the damage it could do if your siblings/enemy was to do damage to your account but maybe they could put a password protection software built in to when you are confirming the deletion of a character and if the person who is deleting the character doesn't know it then they cant do damage to it..

again this is my thought about that one.