Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg0D
I just got one question for most of you all posting items on the exchange, and I understand it's early, prices really haven't been set yet but, still has to be said.

Common MKII items are not worth 30-60k credits most of those items you guys are posting on there are sold on vendors, for 2,500 at most. Uncommons MKIV for 200k plus? What the hell are you all thinking, come on lets all be sensible about this.
I dont know what it it but i see that problem aswell. I sell my MKII Phasers for like 850 thats 200 less then you need to pay at the vendor. And i sold all of them in a notime. I dont know why people think there items are worth that much. I think prices need to stabilize.

You wont sell anything for those prices. Maybe they should make people pay a bit for adding items to the exchange just like in wow. And maybe make then last max 24-48 hours so the exchange will clean itself. now you can just let the items stay and hope someone will be stupid enough to buy it.

But i would give it some time. i'm already starting to see some more fair prices.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 01:11 AM
And this is exactly why I wish they had never put in any form of player run economy. People are simply greedy and want every cent they can squeeze out of someone in a video game, which is very sad in its own way. The only player run economy that I have ever seen work has been Eve's and even then, it went through its growing pains as well. They should pull the exchange all together and spend time adding something to the game that is actually worth while.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Yeah, it was like that for a short time in beta too, at least until everyone else started picking up a lot of the same gear and tried to sell it. Prices plummeted. For example, a Mk 1 quantum torpedo launcher was going for like 40-50k in the first few days of open beta, but near the end you could get a Mk 2 quantum torpedo launcher for like 8-10k.

Basically, don't worry -- the economy always works its way out in these types of games.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 01:23 AM
I post them for roughly midways between the worth of the item and the selling price at the vendor.. IE: If a common MK II Phaser costs 1058 Creds, Id sell it for 529, and will post it on the exchange for 750 or so.

The exception would be if I find something really really neat (IE: A rare shield with 10% Phaser 10% Disruptor reduction)

I must be doing something right, since Ive sold everything Ive posted there sofar.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 01:30 AM
I sold a console on the exchange, of course I had it listed for 1000, and its retail was 1300 I think. Some people are greedy though...I mean, 10K for a starter phaser array that EVERYONE gets? Sheesh.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 01:31 AM
what i think is funny are the people that put the standard starting weapons on there for 500 when everyone gets that stuff for free when they start.... if i get anything that might be usefull for someone i usually put it up there for the price listed on it to the nearest thousand/hundred - better return then what merch's give, and faster sales then the same stuff people are trying to sell it for 100 times more.

in all honesty buying from the exchange isn't very smart even if the prices were reasonible - once you get your tier 2 ship you can get better stuff from doing explore missions then will ever drop for you... my O/B ship had 3 MK IV Plasma Beams and 1 MK IV Plasma Torp - while the best drops i was getting anywhere were MK III's - (and no plasma's).
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Please take a basic course in economics, or at the very least learn the basics of supply and demand before making worthless threads like this. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 02:14 AM
Agreed the prices are way out of line, and some of the stuff being sold is just stupid. The starting gear should only be able to be sold to vendors.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 02:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7upG01-XWbY

here is why

i am not doing anyone favors when i sell items , the only limit on price i will put is to not price so high that

no one will buy it
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 02:21 AM
It's a new MMO and I have a feeling some people are trying to take advantage of folks with the 'WoW mentality' they "all good drops are on the Auction House". Once things settle down, I'm sure the game economy will stabalize.

The 'Gold Farmers' sure are active as I had 4 spam STO e-mails alreday.