Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseshoe
Please take a basic course in economics, or at the very least learn the basics of supply and demand before making worthless threads like this. Thanks.

Worthless thread, as opposed to what "I quitting because X" "pink phasers OMG!" and the other obligatory whiny threads. All I'm saying is for people to be sensible, 200k for an item no where near worth that price is ridiculous.

Kindly gtfo.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 02:44 AM
Shame we never got to keep our money from the beta - I was nearly up to the 1 mil mark

Still its fun to start all over again. Undercutting and overpricing is fun imo
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 02:45 AM
One of the main problems on the exchange is that most of the stuff doesn't show up in the proper category. Ship weapons and a few other things show up in the right place, but most of everything else shows up under commodities. Because of this, people trying to find what certain items are priced are not finding anything and thinking they can sell it for a lot since it seems rare. Second, people are not finding the items to buy so they don't get bought. I really hope cryptic fixes this problem soon.

It's actually a lot more sane than it was in beta... You could make some really good money selling pretty ordinary stuff for high price tags.

Also, once more people advance to higher ranks and sell off there non-bound older gear, the market will get a little more saturated. Ultimately, the exchange prices will start to settle into some kind of normalcy within a week or two I predict.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 02:47 AM
I have about 10 items up there now consoles moduals etc , all under what there "value" is.

Why would people try selling it for more than what you can buy it for its just dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
I have about 10 items up there now consoles moduals etc , all under what there "value" is.

Why would people try selling it for more than what you can buy it for its just dumb.
Keep in mind that you can't actually buy many items. Consoles cannot be bought for energy credits by any npc vendor. Many types of weapons cannot either. It would be silly to sell the things that can be purchased from a vendor for more than the value price, but things that can't be... well that value is only useful for determining sale price to vendors.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post

Because there is always some village idiot that will buy your stuff
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 02:51 AM
The exchange reminds me of the Zimbabwe economy...
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 02:52 AM
This will take some time ,like the server the economy will get better in time
But pay no attention to people that charge ****** prices there will be ******* buying them
Its like real life some will try to manipulate the market and some will be honest traders .
If you want the bargains ,well then you have to spend time at "exchange" , others will not and rather pay more than stick around the "exchange" hunting for cheap deals
Like in all games and real life some of us are more Ferengi than others :p
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 02:54 AM
Well if it isn't a green or better then I wouldn't even think of putting it on the exchange.

ATM I have sold 3 stacks of 25 Tier 1 anomaly items (Red ones) for 2500 ec each stack. Sounds about right atm. The blue tier 1 items will be a lot more expensive if I sell them.

As for the other stuff, it will all settle down by itself once the economy gets really going when the game opens up for the rest of the people.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahless2001 View Post
The exchange reminds me of the Zimbabwe economy...
LOL

careful or section 31 will get you...