Lt. Commander
# 71
02-01-2010, 10:12 AM
I see no point in this thread mostly because the majority of players aren't even high enough to worry about using the exchange for anything. (Anomalous data is an exception)

At almost Captain rank in OB, I never needed anything more than what I got as rewards/drops. I did get a few Fleet Action drops for fun, but that's moot and the majority of those just got vendored/traded because I didn't need or want them.

You guys act like this game is hard or something.
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Yes, the exchange is already full of pipeheads that think a white Mk III item is worth 100k and starter Mk 0 stuff is worth 5-10k, but that's on the players, not Cryptic.

I want Cryptic to actually fix the exchange so I can sort by price, and so that the parameters I pick are actually the items that get displayed.
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdar
No that is not simple. We can say it is, but it isn't. Like I said, people are greedy and if they want that item, they will get it one way or another. I have heard this arguement time and time again. If people wouldn't use gold sellers then prices wouldn't be high. yet if people didnt make prices high, they wouldnt need gold sellers. So you say its simple, I say its as complex as what came first, the chicken or the egg. Unless a game company can completely keep gold sellers out of a game then human nature is going to kick in and they will be used. So again, no, its not simple.
Yes it is. You just said as much, it's human nature. Therefore, the prices will be high.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-01-2010, 01:02 PM
To add to someone's request to sort by price, I would like a High-Low Filter as well. I ask this because I've noticed that there is a limit to what can been shown on the results list; i believe it might be 1000. So even if you have nice stuff for sale, it may not get loaded to a potential buyer. With the Filter, you can target what you are willing to pay and increase/decrease to find a great range in your price-range.

Another idea if some people are too worried about Crazy prices is a price fee? For everything you put up, make it a 5% or 10% posting fee? So if someone really want to put a 10,000 credit standard beginning phaser, they have to spend 500 or 1000 to post. If it sells then the "holding fee" would refund along with the full price of sale. It would add additional encouragement to the seller to make a resonable price or risk losing their "holding fee" when they pull it down. The down-side to this is that there might be a chance someone would rather risk vendoring vs. putting up some nice stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
/Shrug

I never see any items on the exchange at all. No matter which tabs or category I select. Nothing shows.
Lt. Commander
# 76
02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
The high prices on the exchange are posted by people who are just (ab)using the exchange as extra bank space.