Captain
# 1 Exceslior engine trails
12-10-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm a fan of the Excelsior Refit (Enterprise B). So, from the saucer are four red engine trails. But when I equip the Aegis set (for example), I can only get the outer impulse engines to show the Set trail.

How can I get all four saucer engines to work with Set trails?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lieutenant
# 2
12-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
I'm a fan of the Excelsior Refit (Enterprise B). So, from the saucer are four red engine trails. But when I equip the Aegis set (for example), I can only get the outer impulse engines to show the Set trail.

How can I get all four saucer engines to work with Set trails?
I own the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit (the saucer separation ship) and it does that to me off the Omega Set, the Reman Set, and the M.A.C.O. Set. IT doesnt bother me that much.
C&C of the Federation Outsiders
Captain
# 3
12-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l9of20 View Post
I own the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit (the saucer separation ship) and it does that to me off the Omega Set, the Reman Set, and the M.A.C.O. Set. IT doesnt bother me that much.
Erm, well ... I can see from other ships that the trails are visible from the engines. But my question is that because the Excelsior Refit has 4 impulse engines on the saucer, why does it show only 2 Aegis trails?

Or - what setting can/should I use to see the 4 trails when using the Aegis set?

Is this in the right forum?

Captain
# 4
12-13-2013, 11:10 PM
The bigger question is why the exhaust from the outer two engines doesn't set the warp nacelles on fire, since they exhaust directly into them, producing no thrust...
Career Officer
# 5
12-14-2013, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Erm, well ... I can see from other ships that the trails are visible from the engines. But my question is that because the Excelsior Refit has 4 impulse engines on the saucer, why does it show only 2 Aegis trails?

Or - what setting can/should I use to see the 4 trails when using the Aegis set?

Is this in the right forum?
It's.....................working as intended.

I think because the main base is the Excelsior with a copy and paste partial skin of the Refit. So the Aegis see's it as a Excelsior. With two engines and not four.

Was never programed to accept or programmed to tell the difference between two and four Impulse Engines on both Excelsior's, looks like. Just the main two on the original base design.

That's my theory anyway. But they should of done it. But never did.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Captain
# 6
12-15-2013, 04:24 PM
I know, right?!

But I really like the four impulse engine look and (for now) the Aegis set is my set to use, so if the code is set for only two engines, well then ... fine. But if MACO works, then why not all ship sets?

I guess its a rhetorical question