Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,527
# 71
01-08-2014, 06:39 AM
I still have it saved. I can't get to it for another 9-10 hours because it is on a different computer. I will post it later tonight if I can remember.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,527
# 72
01-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Hrm.... It's every log I ever saved, on every toon. Definitely something is different. Everything is at least 2000 DPS lower.

Here is the one that read as 13K just before I updated the software to 1.2.0.0:

right click and Save As... (200 kb .zip)

And after updating it comes out as:

CombatLogReader?Infected Space[4:50]? Damage (DPS) | ?Nissa 3,103,282 (11,122) | Debora 2,949,300 (10,312) | Ma'rogh 2,428,676 (9,305) | Abe 2,147,865 (7,867) | Dejar 1,731,163 (6,204) |

I had another toon that regularly breaks 11K and he's barely showing 9K now. I had a 9K sci (not too bad, considering the low-end build) that was pretty consistent now getting 6.8-7k, according to the new version. It's very odd.

Can you break down exactly what settings, item by item, you are using for your criteria?

EDIT: The BBS doesn't like the pasted data from combatlogreader and has added ? in there, but you can tell what it says.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 24
# 73
01-08-2014, 08:41 PM
I have created a web interface to the DPS league table:

STO DPS League

It just shows the DPS rankings right now, but it has a search box to make it easier to find a player - for example, to verify them for channel invites.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 182
# 74 NOOB questions....
01-08-2014, 08:57 PM
....I'm new to parsing. I just started this week and I've only run two dozen or so runs with the parser running.

1) I was using ACT with Arias plug-in (sto.cs). I compared some of my current log in the parser you noted. My DPS was higher in your parser.

.....Is that because the default setting in the combat log reader is set to avg DPS only when putting out damage and the ACT is computing DPS over the entire event?


2) In previous log readings I have received credit for damage done by weapons that I'm not using.
Example: I got credit for photon torpedo damage but I have no torpedoes. And I've received credit for turret damage when I have no turrets.

.....Am I doing something wrong, is it the way STO writes the log, or is it the parser?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,027
# 75
01-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tggrinc View Post
2) In previous log readings I have received credit for damage done by weapons that I'm not using.
Example: I got credit for photon torpedo damage but I have no torpedoes. And I've received credit for turret damage when I have no turrets.

.....Am I doing something wrong, is it the way STO writes the log, or is it the parser?
damage dealt by any entity created by you (such as hangar pets or consumable turret deployables) counts as your damage
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 182
# 76
01-08-2014, 09:22 PM
...I didn't have either available or running at the time. I was running an all beam ghrett.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,027
# 77
01-08-2014, 09:36 PM
those were just basic examples; ANYTHING created by you that deals damage will show it as yours...and the fact it was a photon torpedo you said you got credit for immediately draws my mind to the scorpion deployables from The Vault, because i know those fire photons
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 182
# 78
01-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Didn't mean to be short in my reply, I appreciate the input. I'm going to try some more runs using the recommended parser and see what I get.

Last edited by tggrinc; 01-08-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,081
# 79
01-09-2014, 12:13 AM
I'm a little too antisocial for a chat channel just yet, but i AM very interested in improving my DPS output, are there any guides that you could point me too as a starting point? I still haven't even tried the parser yet (to show how lazy i am). Where would be a good idea to find a base dps to compare my own to?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 80
01-09-2014, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valill1 View Post
I have created a web interface to the DPS league table:

STO DPS League

It just shows the DPS rankings right now, but it has a search box to make it easier to find a player - for example, to verify them for channel invites.
Thanks for sharing. I'd be happy to see the results for CSE and HSE and the fastest rounds, too.

Visit the German STO forum: www.sto-center.de/forum
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/STOHellspawny
Weapon Damage Calculator: Download
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.