Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg Captain
02-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Hey everyone,

I just rolled a Borg Captain, and i am in two minds if i should take their ground ability that injects the neuro toxin and causes people to slow or stop? Is it really that useful? or should i take another star ship ability instead like star ship ops?

Cheers,
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Can't really give much advice here, cause I don't know if you prefer ground or space combat more.

All I can say is that I chose the neural power, cause what the heck? I paid for it, lol, and my primary char will be a human engineer for space combat anyways.

I'll also say that I'm far more impressed with his Mk I science kit AoE power than the neural power.

The devs also mentioned something about respecs later on. Whether that includes the traits or not, I'm not sure, but maybe you could change your mind then if you don't like it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaru
Hey everyone,

I just rolled a Borg Captain, and i am in two minds if i should take their ground ability that injects the neuro toxin and causes people to slow or stop? Is it really that useful? or should i take another star ship ability instead like star ship ops?

Cheers,
I chose it, and regret it. get a better power.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Well, the ability does help against Gorn and klingon swordmasters. Anything that will charge you and is nasty in melee really. It's not awesome, but it does have it's uses.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Well, the ability does help against Gorn and klingon swordmasters. Anything that will charge you and is nasty in melee really. It's not awesome, but it does have it's uses.
What he said. Most of the time I'm trying to find ways to use it, or forget about the power completely. It will be a nice skill in PVP, except cool down is kind of high on it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 02:28 AM
If the cool down was tamed down a bit it would be great but I think it has a minute or? Too long...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 02:47 AM
I prefer space combat personally, but obviously away missions are ground and have alot of encounters.
Hmmm i guess i could always make a second borg captain. Time will tell if i delete her and start again.

Gave her a cool name and everything
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 03:00 AM
I don't see it as all that useful, I just see it as damn cool to stick my fist out and see my enemy glow green with Borg nanites.

Freaking awesome am I right?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 03:20 AM
I tested it and its probably not worth losing a better trait for - I will not take it with my next character.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liden
If the cool down was tamed down a bit it would be great but I think it has a minute or? Too long...
Yeah.. 1 minute CD for a 2-3 second stun and slow for about 30 seconds. May be handy for a tough boss mob, but there are better ways to deal with those using BOff powers and weapons than wasting a trait choice on it.