Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Map - Deep Space Encounter
01-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Well here's the question I have. You have a map that is 10x10 units basically, yet there are only enemies in about 4 units of the whole map. That's only 4% of the map with enemies and if you get outside of where they are you can no longer see them anymore so you fly around the other 96% of the map wondering WTH they are.

So why not do one of the following so people aren't wandering around looking for something to shoot at...

1. Reduce the area by say 80-85%
2. Put more enemies to cover the rest of the 96% of the map.
3. Make it so our sensors can see them no matter where we are in on the map.

Also you should make it so the spawn area shows up on the map no matter what so people can find thier way back to it.

Yes you can change instances to get back to the spawn point putting you closer to the enemies, but then you loose your progress in the mission so that's not allways a viable option.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:19 PM
I agree that there can be a problem finding enemies quickly when there are too few players in a Deep Space Encounter. (Remember that the number of enemies increases with the number of players present.)

But I propose a far simpler solution that can be done without writing any new or complex code:

Add Nav Beacons. 1 at the player spawn point, and a few around the enemy starting positions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Well the point is you got all that space and there is just nothing there. Why even have it at all if you don't have anything in it? Why not put enemies in there? It's like writing a letter and using 100 pages of paper when you only write on 4...it's just stupid.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer66 View Post
Well the point is you got all that space and there is just nothing there. Why even have it at all if you don't have anything in it? Why not put enemies in there? It's like writing a letter and using 100 pages of paper when you only write on 4...it's just stupid.
That's the reason why they call it space. There is so much of it. Space is big, cold dark and empty... my two pence.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkmeyer View Post
That's the reason why they call it space. There is so much of it. Space is big, cold dark and empty... my two pence.
That's why they got warp engines...so they aren't wasting time flying around the empty parts of space. Have you ever even watched Star Trek?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:14 AM.