Lt. Commander
# 1 Bored so soon
02-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Can anyone offer a glimmer of hope on things to Come once Leveled up a little in this game ?

I've only being playing since head start but am finding the game a little boring at the moment.
am a Lieutenant Rank 6. While the game is pleasant nothing so far has got me any way bit exicted
about it. I've seen nothing so far that makes me thing " that Looks Amazing" or" this is so cool" or "this is fantastic fun" Everything just seems to be just OK.

So far you Fly about to different colored planets kill some ships and press " F" a lot when it comes to interacting, Then beam down to a planet to ground combat and kill some guys and press "F" a lot.

Space combat so far is keep the enemy to your side until his shields are down, keep your shields up,
and kill it. It seems pretty simple that does not require much thought.

Maybe going from a fantasy like MMo (LOTRO/Guildwars/****) to a Science Fictions, Spacey type game
just takes a bit of getting used to, Certainly with LOTRO that I've been playing for over 2 years I only
got bored after leveling fully and doing all the end game content. GW never got bored all the way to level cap, **** was cute did not really get bored but eventually got too grindy so I am genuinely surprised
at myself that I would get bored of a game after 2 days.

Can anyone offer any reassurances that the game gets a lot better once you level up a bit ?
I know I probably need to give it more time and I will but
Would hate to think I've spent over 250 Euros if this is all there is to the game.

~B
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 01:11 AM
At Lt you have barely scratched the surface. I levelled hard at the weekend to get to LtC. This is when the game gets rather more enjoyable for me as I can start going into other map areas, completing quests, exploring new vendors.

There's alot to do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Nop. You've seen it all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Lt. Commander is a breath of fresh air. Maybe it won't change things for you, but for me.. getting a new ship (or two) really expands the game and makes battle more entertaining. You'll also be able to promote you bridge officers which will give you access to more skills in space and on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 01:23 AM
It gets considerably better with each new rank and ship tier. I agree that those first 10 levels have a bit of a grind feel about them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Let me make an analogy. Hopefully no one is offended. If you judged World of ******** by the first ten levels you would have a completely different game then what you have at endgame. Play some more and level up, MMOs are about the endgame, everything else is training for that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan547 View Post
Let me make an analogy. Hopefully no one is offended. If you judged World of ******** by the first ten levels you would have a completely different game then what you have at endgame. Play some more and level up, MMOs are about the endgame, everything else is training for that.
Oh god yes. The first couple starter quests aren't bad but after 10-15 minutes... *THUD*.... <= that's your head hitting the desk.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 01:38 AM
It opens up more at tier 2 ships... but it gets even more interesting at tier 3 when your other BO stations move to lieutenant rank giving you a lot more BO powers to work with. Also there are some really great missions as you move on too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Around lvl 8 and 9 i had some quest lines that where amazing in my view ,i can recall that i was even talking to my self how much i liked it .
Can't talk for you but for me it was like around lvl 7,8 the tutorial "feel"was finally over
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Using other MMOs as an analogy, this is the part where you are in Elowyn Forest or the Barrens killing wolves and boar. Later the enemies get much more interesting. They start dropping mines, corrosive gas, ramming you, jamming you, cloaking and all other sorts of mean tricks (especially those blasted Romulans!).

There are also sub-sets of mission types. There are standard patrol and defense missions, then there are story episodes, fleet actions, and various types of PvP (both space and ground). Later, there are 5 man episodes that no one has seen yet. There's also been talk of some new 'exploration' mechanic, but I don't have any details.

Later I would expect an overhaul of player ships to provide a sort of 'player housing' system and maybe other goodies. They've also developed a 'world creator' they call 'Genesis'. Right now it's just used to help the devs create worlds. Later, maybe, they may use it to make random worlds which would make for awesome deep space exploration zones.

Even the ground combat gets more interesting. You get kits with more, as well as different and better, abilities and your away team starts getting some better abilities. Also, once you figure out the expose/exploit system it goes faster.

You also get new abilities (common to all players) a couple of times per rank (like Evasive Manoeuvers).

Also, remember, you get a new ship type with new abilities and more/higher BOff slots. This changes things quite a bit, especially the jump from Miranda to a class ship.

MMOs never stop growing, there's always something cool around the corner. Like most MMOs, you start off simple to keep the learning curve shallow. Pretty soon you'll have so much to do in combat you won't be able to do it all