Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 01:50 AM
after getting Lt. Cmd i picked up a bat'leth from the AH, and found a MK 4 tactical kit with stealth, lounge, and leg sweep, and with those abilities im having a BLAST on the ground, with the bat'leth the different order of swings bring different combos, cycleing between different expose/exploit attacks and swapping from melee to range keeps me more then busy. For me I almost never have time to hit a BO ability button because im having to watch my personal abilities and CDs. And all this is just for ground
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 01:50 AM
For the love of what is holy...it's "bored" and not "board". I hate to be the spelling police but you are not doing yourself any favours here.

Regarding your comments for the game, I would say that if you don't feel motivated, then perhaps STO is not for you. I liked the game since the very beginning and it really appealed to my taste, but I don't expect everyone to feel the same. No reason to write elaborate essays on the forums or ask people to find you reasons to stay.

You are the one who is going to be paying the subscription potentially so make a decision and stick with it. Its not that hard to distinguish between what entertains you and what does not.

I hope you find what you are looking for...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Maybe the game's a slow starter, other games I never felt bored of after such a short period of time!
Its the first time its happened! and I was not expecting it too since I bought a Life time account having
made the pre-decision I was going to play the game for a long time.

Hopefully if server is online tonight or can log in, will try make Lt. Commander see if that changes anything.
Am looking forward to getting a new ship and the 2nd tier of skills.

~B
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Also I would suggest you at least make it to the Gateway system in the Pi Canis sector block and do the mission there before you make any judgements. I think it will be amazing for any Trek fan. You probably want to be in the level 12-14 range for that mission.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Also I would suggest you at least make it to the Gateway system in the Pi Canis sector block and do the mission there before you make any judgements. I think it will be amazing for any Trek fan. You probably want to be in the level 12-14 range for that mission.
Agreed, I loved that mission.

What I didn't love was having to do it three times due to a bug in OB. Still... it helped me get skill points :p

I think while there are some repetitive missions, there are those like the one mentioned above, which are truly trek inspired.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan547 View Post
Let me make an analogy. Hopefully no one is offended. If you judged World of ******** by the first ten levels you would have a completely different game then what you have at endgame.
Yes but saying that the 1st 10 levels on wow( at least 1st times) are fun. If people complain about start of sto so much, isn't there a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Quote:
When i first did this mission in open beta there was no voice and it was amazing.

Now it has voice and is so much more better.

Really epic mission, i love it
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Well, funny thing is. That you now exactly hit the nail on the head yourself. :p

Why didn't you guys make the first 10 levels more interesting with those kind of missions?

The first 10 levels are EXACTLY on what most people will judge the game. And as it takes a fair time to reach level10 in this game, people are spending quite a few hours before they reach the point of picking up the mission you describe.

Another game, that perfectly resembled this exact same issue, is The Cronicles of Spellborn.

This was actually a pretty nice refreshing game with interesting ideas and concepts.

Problem was, it failed misserably. Why? Because the first 10 levels were boring as hell. So lots of players didn't even make it to level10, wich would allow you to join one of the Houses in that game (wich were some really great large story quest chains btw), wich then would open up the game and gave you access to lot more.

They tried to revamp the tutorial and first 10 levels later on. But by then the damage was done and it was already too late! And so the game went down under within 7 months after release.

Jer
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Of course, once you have spent several hours doing this truly awesome mission series, you'll go to select your very nice mission rewards. And they won't show up in your inventory. And, you'll ragequit.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 02:25 AM
Only trouble im having with it is getting used to that slow turning when in space combat the enemy runs rings round you while you spin on the spot i think they should make the base speed the same as evassive manouvers this is a nice speed.

Coming from playing champs to this is a big slow down i like ground combat though its cool with ya team of npcs.

Only played low level though so im hoping it gets better with bigger ships.