Lt. Commander
# 71
02-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets_ie View Post
Can anyone offer a glimmer of hope on things to Come once Leveled up a little in this game ?

I've only being playing since head start but am finding the game a little boring at the moment.
am a Lieutenant Rank 6. While the game is pleasant nothing so far has got me any way bit exicted
about it. I've seen nothing so far that makes me thing " that Looks Amazing" or" this is so cool" or "this is fantastic fun" Everything just seems to be just OK.

So far you Fly about to different colored planets kill some ships and press " F" a lot when it comes to interacting, Then beam down to a planet to ground combat and kill some guys and press "F" a lot.

Space combat so far is keep the enemy to your side until his shields are down, keep your shields up,
and kill it. It seems pretty simple that does not require much thought.

Maybe going from a fantasy like MMo (LOTRO/Guildwars/****) to a Science Fictions, Spacey type game
just takes a bit of getting used to, Certainly with LOTRO that I've been playing for over 2 years I only
got bored after leveling fully and doing all the end game content. GW never got bored all the way to level cap, **** was cute did not really get bored but eventually got too grindy so I am genuinely surprised
at myself that I would get bored of a game after 2 days.

Can anyone offer any reassurances that the game gets a lot better once you level up a bit ?
I know I probably need to give it more time and I will but
Would hate to think I've spent over 250 Euros if this is all there is to the game.

~B
Gets crazy fun once you get your shiny new ship
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Also I would suggest you at least make it to the Gateway system in the Pi Canis sector block and do the mission there before you make any judgements. I think it will be amazing for any Trek fan. You probably want to be in the level 12-14 range for that mission.
I can attest to that, missions start getting more umph to it by that point.
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macerx View Post
Only trouble im having with it is getting used to that slow turning when in space combat the enemy runs rings round you while you spin on the spot i think they should make the base speed the same as evassive manouvers this is a nice speed.

Coming from playing champs to this is a big slow down i like ground combat though its cool with ya team of npcs.

Only played low level though so im hoping it gets better with bigger ships.
I found that a Science BO with Tractor Beam 1 was a great cure for this issue. Nothing like popping BoP's before they can cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilddemonrat
Yes but saying that the 1st 10 levels on wow( at least 1st times) are fun. If people complain about start of sto so much, isn't there a problem.
I hated the first 10 Lvls of WoW, and Loved the first 10 of STO
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Also I would suggest you at least make it to the Gateway system in the Pi Canis sector block and do the mission there before you make any judgements. I think it will be amazing for any Trek fan. You probably want to be in the level 12-14 range for that mission.
Lemme guess...this is FEDS ONLY

at least feds get to do something, for klingons this game is no different than guild wars or CoD MW2, in fact i can play with more ppl at the same time in MW2 and MAG
Lt. Commander
# 76
02-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Honestly, the first Tier is dangerously boring and I say dangerously because it's boring enough to drive a new player away from the game. But luckily it does start to improve once you reach Tier2. Then the only problem you have is running out of main quest a la Champions Online. Luckily they already incorporated unlimited repeatable missions to remedy this problem early because nothing was worse then having absolutely nothing to do but grind your last levels out.

(Any old school EQers think it's funny that we can't live without quests/missions now when in EQ we grinded for XP 24/7 and had a hell of a fun time?)
Lt. Commander
# 77
02-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilddemonrat
Yes but saying that the 1st 10 levels on wow( at least 1st times) are fun. If people complain about start of sto so much, isn't there a problem.
It's an MMO. If someone isn't complaining, THEN something is wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 78
02-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie3000
City of Heroes: The first ten levels rocked because you're a bit OP compared to the mobs you fight and you've got a variety of new toys to play with. The reason this game was so alt-friendly was that each archetype was so different and each powerset was unique. It was worth repeating the early levels just to experience the new powers. Ironically, it was the only time the secondary powerset did anything useful for a lot of builds.
This is the main problem. Skills are a real pain to experiment with early on, if people were able to actually explore the abilities available to them more easily, i have a feeling those 10 levels would be less boring.
Lt. Commander
# 79
02-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTOLcm View Post
Gah guys, the story is very good if you read the quest text. Read the quest text!

One of the biggest things for me so far was fighting Klingons...then they morph into their true form and you realize the Klingons have been infiltrated by the shape shifters too! Truly revealing moment.
This was actually one things that turned me off of STO. The whole Klingon attacking to try and kill the species 8472. It is just a rehashed DS9 Story Arc. Except replace species 8472 with Founders and you have this story arc.