Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post

Some people don't necessarily want to rush. Some people just want to play.

With constant disconnects, its difficult to do so. And now with ridiculously long queues... its like we have nothing better to do with our lives than sit by our computer waiting to get in.

Did we really just pay real money just to wait in line?
I wasn't charged a $15 subscription fee yet. Maybe you paid for a lifetime or 1 year sub. But we have the next year or more to play the game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 04:02 AM
for me i was just to excited. Been waiting for this game a while. Im not rushing missions are trying to get to top first. Im enjoying flying around, i was jumping for joy when i warped to ds9 and saw the wormhole. The jumps between space and ground have given me plenty of happy days so in summery sto is like xmas every day
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post
No, but this is why I am avoiding STO atm, I got a life sub so I am in no rush to get into the game, hopefully it wont be as bad when Launch comes around otherwise there will be a major flamefest happening, this also happening in Headstart is not good,

gonna go to MMORPG and see what people are flaming about over there
I think launch will be much worse. I could totally be wrong and I hope I am. They are advertising heavily on the SyFy channel here in the States. Not to mention all of the people that will see it on store shelves and say "Star Trek Online"?!! In my humble opinion, more people will be here during the first couple of weeks of this launch than Cryptic has planned for - they've already said the OB crushed any predictions they had (see the launch page news for more info). I suspect launch will too. Expect more disconnects, server crashes, and longer queues.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiEvil
I think launch will be much worse. I could totally be wrong and I hope I am. They are advertising heavily on the SyFy channel here in the States. Not to mention all of the people that will see it on store shelves and say "Star Trek Online"?!! In my humble opinion, more people will be here during the first couple of weeks of this launch than Cryptic has planned for - they've already said the OB crushed any predictions they had (see the launch page news for more info). I suspect launch will too. Expect more disconnects, server crashes, and longer queues.
I do agree, but it makes me wish they took a page from the EVE book, which is, linked servers. When one server goes down, the whole game does not.

(Except when BoB and allies vs Goonswarm and allies decided to have several thousand ships in 1 spot fighting and the whole server went grinding to a halt...)
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeoniscythe
Hey, do you know where Memory Alpha is?
But then "Where's Sulu" may become as famous a saying amongst Trekkies as "Beam me up, Scotty".
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 05:14 AM
Me? No rush here. I just promised myself I would be out of tier 1 asap. Now I can take my time and enjoy the game. Also just wanted to be as far away from the starting zone on the 2nd as i possibly can! I am enjoying the game thus far and play with a dynamite bunch of people which make it even better!

Good luck out there all!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 05:25 AM
I just wanted to get to the point I was at when open beta ended. That first ship was so painfully slow it wasn't funny. Now that I am there I can enjoy the game more.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 05:27 AM
I dont get the rush either. I figure the slower I play the less bugs there will be and the closer the next content patch will be released. I played about 4 or 5 hours of beta and logged in a bit during head start but after reading about all the frustration I'm just going to hang tight, play Mass effect 2 and hope that a few days after launch we have a working game environment. Even then I intend to take it slow and savour the existing content so that Cryptic has a chance to create some more content by the time I get that far.

On a side note. over the weekend Ive been playing a little STO then jumping into Mass effect 2 then back to STO again and the two games actually go really well together. You get this intensely good narrative in Mass effect (awesome all round really) then you get this satisfying space combat and cruising around the galaxy happening in startrek online. Im finding that some of my negative feelings toward some of STOs lesser features
are eleviated by getting a solid dose of cinematic narrative then heading back to kill a few more squadrons of Klingon war ships. A Highly recommeded cocktail for the scifi obsessed.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnod View Post
Me? No rush here. I just promised myself I would be out of tier 1 asap. Now I can take my time and enjoy the game. Also just wanted to be as far away from the starting zone on the 2nd as i possibly can! I am enjoying the game thus far and play with a dynamite bunch of people which make it even better!

Good luck out there all!
I'd be right there with you but I'm doing at least ONE mission in my Connie before I let myself get promoted to Lt.Cmdr.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulcebar View Post
I dont get the rush either. I figure the slower I play the less bugs there will be and the closer the next content patch will be released. I played about 4 or 5 hours of beta and logged in a bit during head start but after reading about all the frustration I'm just going to hang tight, play Mass effect 2 and hope that a few days after launch we have a working game environment. Even then I intend to take it slow and savour the existing content so that Cryptic has a chance to create some more content by the time I get that far.

On a side note. over the weekend Ive been playing a little STO then jumping into Mass effect 2 then back to STO again and the two games actually go really well together. You get this intensely good narrative in Mass effect (awesome all round really) then you get this satisfying space combat and cruising around the galaxy happening in startrek online. Im finding that some of my negative feelings toward some of STOs lesser features
are eleviated by getting a solid dose of cinematic narrative then heading back to kill a few more squadrons of Klingon war ships. A Highly recommeded cocktail for the scifi obsessed.
Exactly what im doing too. Playing Mass effect 2 when STO servers are mezzed up. Maybe i have played trough ME2 when the time come that STO is up and going a bit more stable then now