Lt. Commander
# 1 Mini Games For Lounge
02-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Everytime I go to the lounge ... theres no one there ... if someone happens to show up they leave cause there nothing to do there. Club 47, Upper Lounge, Quarks, etc. theres nothing to do.

What I would love to see is some mini games... Chess, Checkers, Darts, Table Hockey, etc. Doesnt have to be too complicated just enough for people to play PvP there. That would certainly be cool and get people to stick around

What do u think
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 01:46 AM
STO needs more 3D Chess.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Dude, its a bit early, give it some time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan547 View Post
STO needs more 3D Chess.
True but I dont Think Cryptic has the time or resources to make a mini game like that consider theres no rules and no one knows how to play 3D chess ... they would have to assign ppl and crew to find out a way to play the game
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 01:49 AM
I agree 100%.

Multiplayer minigames would give people something to do in their downtime and add an additional community aspect that would help player retention. 'Could even have tournaments and the like someday. And the benefit of a one-server environment- there will likely always be people around for it.

But...

They should probably put this on the 6 month - 1 year agenda. There are more pressing things at the moment and they have some time before people get to the point of having regular downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Maybe some dabo? On non-rigged tables.....
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanNYGUARD View Post
True but I dont Think Cryptic has the time or resources to make a mini game like that consider theres no rules and no one knows how to play 3D chess.... untill you want to foward time to 2265
My friend has a 3D chess board and we have played it several times. There are various rule sets out there, you just have to pick one. This is the one we use: http://www.chessvariants.org/3d.dir/startrek.html
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanNYGUARD View Post
True but I dont Think Cryptic has the time or resources to make a mini game like that consider theres no rules and no one knows how to play 3D chess ... they would have to assign ppl and crew to find out a way to play the game
According to this, it's been done. Not surprising, really, considering how long the idea has existed and peoples' long desires to make Trek real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-dimensional_chess
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 01:52 AM
I think its a waste of prgramming time period i have played a game where they had these types of mini games and nobody used them at all they were a novelty at first but coz you get no xp noone goes there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Cryptic already stated:

They will be making the 'social' zones when they can get to it, that means Risa, Vulcan, Starfleet acadamy, etc etc.

For roleplaying and such. They already added some since closed beta.

Im sure they will eventually get to adding the games from star trek in, such as the 3d chess, and allow you to place energy credit bets etc in quarks, all things like that.

As to 3d chess, it was done a long time ago and plenty of people know how to do it.