Lt. Commander
# 1 Server Capacity
02-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Never played one of these MMO games before but completely addicted to STO already, and dragged friends with me.

however, I have not bought any lifetime subsciption etc as I have to say I am worried as to whether there is capacity.

From the start (for me that is - Saturday) Star Base One at Earth has been an issue - fine when you get docked but outside the station lag to the extreme. Indeed been kicked off the server several times around there.

However last night I got a "you are in a queue" message. Furthermore it was not advancing and the line was getting longer and longer.

This game has not yet even been released and it seems the servers cannot handle the load - how are you going to cope when it is released?!

I don't want to criticise and it is probably the best game I have ever seen, but I can't risk spending more on it if it is not going to be playable - there is not even a 1player practice mode you can use offline.

What is the word on this? I am sure you have thought of it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 06:35 AM
At the moment imo the servers cant cope with the load, especially when evening time ( uk time ) rolls around and everyone is trying to get online.

Thet buckle big time, but i live in hope that this isssue is being delt with and that the game we all want to play is actually playable.