Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 632
# 1 Lower graphics quality?
11-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Am I the only one that is having issues with the graphics quality?

On the wine I used have great graphics.. also when taking a screenpic.. but with beta version its quite.. well.. bad. The lines are fuzzy,..

I am having the graphics set to Maximum and I am using MSAA.

Last edited by thestargaze; 11-30-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 107
# 2
11-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Masna?? If you meant MSAA instead, then that is recommended to be left off, if encountering issues.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=910551
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 632
# 3
11-30-2013, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellca View Post
Masna?? If you meant MSAA instead, then that is recommended to be left off, if encountering issues.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=910551
Turning this off doesn't the game look terrible, in terms of graphics?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 123
# 4
11-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
Turning this off doesn't the game look terrible, in terms of graphics?
No, it is just anti-aliasing. If you have other graphical settings set to medium or high it looks fine. You should play around with the settings to see what you like.

The stability of the Mac Beta seems to drop when MSAA is on for some users.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 632
# 5
12-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Why does the graphics look much better using Wine compared to the released mac version? As far as I can see the settings are the same... still there is a huge difference?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 123
# 6
12-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
Why does the graphics look much better using Wine compared to the released mac version? As far as I can see the settings are the same... still there is a huge difference?
Not sure since I have the complete opposite happen.

The game runs and looks 100 times better for me on the official Mac Client.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 632
# 7
12-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Here is a comparison between some screenpics taken with the app sto and sti played via wine. Link. (Zooming in you see the difference) Not sure if you can see the difference here but the one taken with the STO app is more blurry.

Walking around with my characters a see a clear difference.

I play on OS X Mac 10.7.5, 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB Memory, ADM Radeon HD,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 123
# 8
12-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
Here is a comparison between some screenpics taken with the app sto and sti played via wine. Link. (Zooming in you see the difference) Not sure if you can see the difference here but the one taken with the STO app is more blurry.

Walking around with my characters a see a clear difference.

I play on OS X Mac 10.7.5, 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB Memory, ADM Radeon HD,
I do see the difference with the screenshots.

Did you check the Video settings in the game to make sure they have identical graphic settings?
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
# 9
12-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I had this same problem after the Mac client was released. There was a temporary 'fix' on the forums that I cannot find now....but I believe the solution was to use the "/renderscale 1" command in-game. (No quotes when you type the command in the chat box)

Hope that helps.

Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
# 10
12-06-2013, 10:02 PM
I have lower graphics quality as well but it's because I'm unable to turn the Half Resolution option off in the video settings... It's pretty annoying and makes the game difficult to play. Anyone else having this problem?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 AM.