Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Being held from 100% to 0%... yeah real fun. Feds are insanly overpowered in ground pvp... which is fine because I don't plan to do it again till it's fixed but I'm just letting you know they are not in the good way.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 04:13 AM
Ground PvP is a joke, 40 kills to complete, no way am i doing that **** over and over again with that kill count counter.

Plus the balancing is total crap in ground pvp as all the feds do missions and get nice blue items from em.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Being held from 100% to 0%... yeah real fun. Feds are insanly overpowered in ground pvp... which is fine because I don't plan to do it again till it's fixed but I'm just letting you know they are homosexual and not in the good way.
To be honest I had the same experience, only I was hold killed many times by Klingons. So both sides are using this. And yes it is pretty awful to play against it. I should not even say play. It is garbage.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Ground PvP is a piece of junk, It's just bad. I agree with ya'll and I've deleted every ground based mission from my folder and said good riddance.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Being held from 100% to 0%... yeah real fun. Feds are insanly overpowered in ground pvp... which is fine because I don't plan to do it again till it's fixed but I'm just letting you know they are not in the good way.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
You really need to stop trolling before you get banned.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
You really need to stop trolling before you get banned.
Its not nice to talk about the B word if you are not a mod etc

Do you like my Signature ?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
Ground PvP is a joke, 40 kills to complete, no way am i doing that **** over and over again with that kill count counter.

Plus the balancing is total crap in ground pvp as all the feds do missions and get nice blue items from em.
Balance is fine if you get the PvP medal equipment. I'm winning about 90% of the ground battles and I'm always with pugs. The other 5% is when our the team is outnumbered for the majority of the match. The remaining 5% is when my teammates suck and run suicidal into a pack of 5 feds and don't group up first.

With that said yes perma stun and no stun resistance sucks. 40 kill limit sucks. People can run and heal themselves way too effectively. Rifle meele is overpowered,spam,stun,spam,expose, vaporize.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingBlades
Balance is fine if you get the PvP medal equipment. I'm winning about 90% of the ground battles and I'm always with pugs. The other 5% is when our the team is outnumbered for the majority of the match. The remaining 5% is when my teammates suck and run suicidal into a pack of 5 feds and don't group up first.

With that said yes perma stun and no stun resistance sucks. 40 kill limit sucks. People can run and heal themselves way too effectively. Rifle melee is overpowered,spam,stun,spam,expose, vaporize.
i agree 100% with this post... the ground is fine once you get the good gear... till then its all teamwork.

and same ... the ranged melee's are way overpowered i personally don't agree with the bat'leth doing 50% stun on the same attack as the ranged melee... typical fight is 3 seconds... if you get exposed... having a hold that prevents everything for 3.2 50% of the time on something that can be spammed till you get an expose is lame.

40 kills is way too many.. 20-25 would be fine 15 was at times too short, but not always... two good teams in a 15 kill match could last 15-20 minutes... ( we got so bored we started charging each other) if there was a timer on the rifle smash it would be ok i think... the rifle smash is meanth to get people off of you not be a melee weapon. look at what happened to picards rifle after about the 3rd hit in the movies... it broke in half..... they are far from good melee weapons yet in sto they are the best lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Problem is - not many on klingon play scientist
Some medics, and engie fortificaters.
The 1hit kills with the E/E must be fixed, and the dmg reduced.

appart from that itīs fair. Some bugs, and other animals on the ground.
Btw are PvP Items in Tier 2 green or blue. So that argument is blub

Oh and the rewards in skillpoints and credits are to low for the time consumed.
Many Fed captains around, but almost none klingons.
Should say all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Personally, I've stopped doing all ground PvP.

This is due to the cumulative effect of the following issues:
1) 40-kill maps are too long
2) I've never seen any ground PvP game that was balanced. It's always a massive rout, and combined with a 40-kill limit it means one side is just farming the other. Not fun for either side, nor is it challenging.
3) No timer on the maps mean enemies can run forever. I've encountered situations where one side refused to fight, and the map went on forever...and ever...and ever. Plus I was stuck in a 1:1, which was just GREAT FUN let me tell you. To be fair, this problem can occur in space PvP as well.
4) Chain holds. It sort of reminds me of the early **** days of the Middie chainstunning healers. As a player, I want to play. Having someone be able to spam an IWIN button the minute I'm in LOS really isn't fun for me, because at that point I just get to sit and watch other people play the game. Not playing = not fun.