Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
Please stop your QQing. Ground PVP imo is a lot better than space PVP. IF they change anything in ground pvp i will be PO. Dont be mad b/c ppl spec for ground PVP and spec for holds and your just gimp. Im science officer and hold only work until you take dmg so i see no problem with it.

Hmm think about this.. maybe you just suck at ground PVP and just sprint into the middle of 5 people (because thats what you do in PVE) and die. And you die so quickly (because you suck) that its roughly about 2 seconds which is about the same time as a hold. And so you blame your death (and FAILness) on holds.

So please use up your free month and GTFO.
well be prepared to get ****ed off.

THere will be some tweaking shortly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Some tweaking is needed, and a fix to the crappy lag to. I'm a Klingon science officer so I spam hold/hyper radiation in the hope of scoring an expose (10% chance on both) or to stop fleeing pansies. Though I think there should be some temp knock back/hold immunities in place since it can be easy to chain them. Also rifle butt needs to not expose no more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-02-2010, 08:29 PM
The last ground game I did as fed the klingons kept me held the whole entire match, never killed me, just kept me held. I sat there the whole time it took them to kill 40 feds, held. The whole match. I would have left, but part of me wanted to see if it was even possible. And yes, it was possible.

What happened, I could have swore one of the patches during OB added the hold immunity crap. Is that not working anymore?

My other issue with ground pvp, how are some klingons (maybe feds too, haven't created my kilnk yet to witness this on that side) getting out of expose so fast? They are out of expose faster then the UI is switching weapon and firing off the exploit attack. And the reverse, maybe I'm missing something in ground pvp. But how come feds get exposed seemingly so easy, is it a difference in weapons? A particular weapon that is better at exposing? I'll go a whole match and maybe expose 5 times, 2 times I'll vaporize my target, 2 times they'll drop from expose before I switch to exploit attack and 1 person will live from the expose attack. Yet in the same match I'll be vaporized 5 times, and I've never seen a fed live from an exploit attack well exposed. I could be missing some dynamic here and I'll admit it. The ground matches were much faster in OB, and I only tried it a couple times when the cap was set to 40.

I don't remember ground pvp being this "odd" during OB. Then again the matches were a lot faster in OB.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonFlak View Post
The last ground game I did as fed the klingons kept me held the whole entire match, never killed me, just kept me held. I sat there the whole time it took them to kill 40 feds, held. The whole match. I would have left, but part of me wanted to see if it was even possible. And yes, it was possible.

What happened, I could have swore one of the patches during OB added the hold immunity crap. Is that not working anymore?

My other issue with ground pvp, how are some klingons (maybe feds too, haven't created my kilnk yet to witness this on that side) getting out of expose so fast? They are out of expose faster then the UI is switching weapon and firing off the exploit attack. And the reverse, maybe I'm missing something in ground pvp. But how come feds get exposed seemingly so easy, is it a difference in weapons? A particular weapon that is better at exposing? I'll go a whole match and maybe expose 5 times, 2 times I'll vaporize my target, 2 times they'll drop from expose before I switch to exploit attack and 1 person will live from the expose attack. Yet in the same match I'll be vaporized 5 times, and I've never seen a fed live from an exploit attack well exposed. I could be missing some dynamic here and I'll admit it. The ground matches were much faster in OB, and I only tried it a couple times when the cap was set to 40.

I don't remember ground pvp being this "odd" during OB. Then again the matches were a lot faster in OB.
Only certain weapons have expose chaces on them. Others are exploit weapons aka the ones that do a ton of damage to those exposed. Look at the tooltips on your weapons and the ones in the vendors to see.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
.. Feds are insanly overpowered in ground pvp...
Oh... So now Feds as a whole are OP just because you suck and ground PvP or are unlucky enough to not end up in a decent team? Come on I played a couple of ground PvP last night in T1. I have to say that we (feds) kicked the Klingon from here to oblivion but the primary reason for this was that they had no clue on what they were doing.

Not working as a team in Ground PvP will get you killed in seconds. And the Klingon I fought yesterday kept running at us. We were moving slowly as a group and they kept on running by themselves... no wonder the fights were 1-sided.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-02-2010, 08:58 PM
lol wtf. Ground pvp is way better with more kills, the 15 kills matches in OB lasted 3-4 minutes! And you are boo-hooing over feds being OP, which I dont understand. We have the SAME FREAKING THINGS. What the HELL are you guys talking about?

you hold just as much, exploit just as much, dont take SUCKING as something behing uneven.

I -do- agree the holding needs to be toned down, and imo pvp is still way to fast, pew pew pew, you're dead. Some people like that, I understand, I dont so I'll complain about it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripshredder View Post
Oh... So now Feds as a whole are OP just because you suck and ground PvP or are unlucky enough to not end up in a decent team? Come on I played a couple of ground PvP last night in T1. I have to say that we (feds) kicked the Klingon from here to oblivion but the primary reason for this was that they had no clue on what they were doing.

Not working as a team in Ground PvP will get you killed in seconds. And the Klingon I fought yesterday kept running at us. We were moving slowly as a group and they kept on running by themselves... no wonder the fights were 1-sided.
Hey look everyone, a scrub replied to me. Feds are OP in pvp because all they do is spam hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold hold.

and Cryptic can't program proper spawn points to save their asses. This game has no proper pvp atm... not even ship based. It's as bad as ****'s CC, combined with the Emain standoffs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-03-2010, 01:12 AM
I am boycotting ground pvp because its boring..the maps are poorly thought out and I feel like I am stepping back in time to early DOOM or HEXEN maps designs...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Hey look everyone, a scrub replied to me. Feds are OP in pvp because all they do is spam hold
I could've said the same for Klingons in OB and CB.
Face it, Retail has FAR more clueless peeps playing the Klink side!

Now, with that aside, let's get down to business: Ideas for Ground Combat!
I've played quite a bit of ground pvp and pve, and I've so far come up with a few ideas, some general, some not so much:


What, IMHO, could be done to improve ground combat. (some of these would benefit PvE as well)

1: Weapon swap force altfire to re-cool.
2: Double dps on main fire will make it useful, and make up for lost dps from altswapping.
3: Shield should only recharge after 5 sec, not 3. This will make medics more useful ESPECIALLY in PvE (and more incentifying for Scientists, Klingons for PvP), as well as giving Engies a reason to use shield skills on OTHER people, and simply running away LESS useful.
4: Post-immunities need to cover more, longer. (The current rifle gangbash deal is just bad mojo!)
5: Reduce Exploit damage by 25% = shieldless folks will still die, but fully shielded will 'just' survive.
6: No delayed-activation skills may fire through LoS. (Stasis Field I'm looking at You!)
7: Add 2 sec + of Unstealthing cooldown to Stealth Module.


And what, IMHO, could specifically be done to improve the Ground PvP maps.

1: Different sizes, different counts, different rewards!
a: Ghost Ship = 5v5, 30~ medals, 30 kills!
b: Assimilated Cruiser = 7v7, 40~ medals, 40 kills!
c: Basething = 9v9, 50~ medals, 50 kills!

2: Cannot leave spawn area until a map has at least 2/3/4 on each team!
3: More spawn areas after match-start, 5 second full immunity, no attacking after spawn!
4: Leavers will reward stayers on same team with up to 20% more reward, scaled by team size. (1 out of 5 leaving gives the rest 4% bonus, 2 = 8%, 3 =12%)
5: If a team leaves completely after 3/4/5 minutes of first combat, end match and give other team reward scaled by currentkills/kills to win.
6: Penalize leavers by disabling queue for left map type for 60 seconds.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 AM.