Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 How is this acceptable?
02-01-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm not one to complain - I've been a supporter of this game from the start and I have genuinely tried very hard to believe in Cryptic and put my faith in them to fix what is wrong with the game. I can tolerate server downtime, I've been around the block frequently when it comes to MMO launches, so I know that's expected. However, with that being said, what I cannot tolerate is finding a completely game breaking bug that hasn't even been addressed by the Dev's and/or Community Manager.

The issue is that I'm not receiving mission rewards. I'm a fairly casual player - I spend what time I can in game doing missions and trying to upgrade my equipment. However, since Headstart began I've not gotten a total of 4 gear based mission rewards and 2 Bridge Officer rewards. So, in the course of 2 days playing I have not received 6 of the mission rewards I was entitled to. Yes, I was entitled to them, I did the missions, I spent my time running all over the place for Sulu, or Quinn, and I am entitled to the rewards for doing so. However, when I select the reward and hit accept nothing is given to me. I checked my chat and it never states that I have acquired the item that I have chosen.

How is this acceptable? When I spend over an hour doing a mission and get absolutely nothing at the end, that's very very frustrating. I can tell you from playing MMO's for over 10 years that if this isn't fixed by Tuesday there will be hell to pay from the community who are paying for the game, and there's going to be huge backlash to Cryptic's reputation.

You can tell me "Welcome to an MMO launch" all you like, however I have been a part of just about every MMO launch since EQ1 and I can tell you, without a doubt that I have never NOT received a quest reward in any of the games I have beta tested.

If this had happened once, I would chalk it up to growing pains, hell even if it happened twice, but this has happened 6 times in 2 days. I think it's safe to say that that is not growing pains, this is something that is severely broken, and needs to be fixed before this game goes live to the general public.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-01-2010, 02:45 AM
You must be doing something wrong, I've had a perfect few days of gaming so far, besides the offline server issues of course....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofnine View Post
You must be doing something wrong, I've had a perfect few days of gaming so far, besides the offline server issues of course....
Maybe, but this has happened to me once so if it is a problem it need to be brought to light and taken care of ASAP.

EDIT: These type of things will drive customers away, just like that huge lvl gap in Champions Online.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofnine View Post
You must be doing something wrong, I've had a perfect few days of gaming so far, besides the offline server issues of course....
and you must be High....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:50 AM
some people had same problem in beta me included. Hopefully you reported it and there wil be a fix.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-01-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofnine View Post
You must be doing something wrong, I've had a perfect few days of gaming so far, besides the offline server issues of course....
Good for you. Some of us haven't, and it's not our fault. Mission rewards are bugged for a fair number of people; look around the forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-01-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofnine View Post
You must be doing something wrong, I've had a perfect few days of gaming so far, besides the offline server issues of course....
Wait, so it's my fault that I'm not receiving my mission rewards? Nevermind the 15 threads about this same issue in the Gameplay Bug forum. Thanks for the constructive feedback, but I'm afraid you're wrong. I'm not doing anything wrong. You can't finish a mission without selecting a reward, so how on earth could this be my fault? Please enlighten me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbobagins View Post
some people had same problem in beta me included. Hopefully you reported it and there wil be a fix.
Yes, I absolutely have bug reported it every time it has happened. I've also replied to several threads in the Gameplay Bug forums as well about this same subject. I'm sorry to hear it's been happening to you too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyna123 View Post
I'm not one to complain - I've been a supporter of this game from the start and I have genuinely tried very hard to believe in Cryptic and put my faith in them to fix what is wrong with the game. I can tolerate server downtime, I've been around the block frequently when it comes to MMO launches, so I know that's expected. However, with that being said, what I cannot tolerate is finding a completely game breaking bug that hasn't even been addressed by the Dev's and/or Community Manager.

The issue is that I'm not receiving mission rewards. I'm a fairly casual player - I spend what time I can in game doing missions and trying to upgrade my equipment. However, since Headstart began I've not gotten a total of 4 gear based mission rewards and 2 Bridge Officer rewards. So, in the course of 2 days playing I have not received 6 of the mission rewards I was entitled to. Yes, I was entitled to them, I did the missions, I spent my time running all over the place for Sulu, or Quinn, and I am entitled to the rewards for doing so. However, when I select the reward and hit accept nothing is given to me. I checked my chat and it never states that I have acquired the item that I have chosen.

How is this acceptable? When I spend over an hour doing a mission and get absolutely nothing at the end, that's very very frustrating. I can tell you from playing MMO's for over 10 years that if this isn't fixed by Tuesday there will be hell to pay from the community who are paying for the game, and there's going to be huge backlash to Cryptic's reputation.

You can tell me "Welcome to an MMO launch" all you like, however I have been a part of just about every MMO launch since EQ1 and I can tell you, without a doubt that I have never NOT received a quest reward in any of the games I have beta tested.

If this had happened once, I would chalk it up to growing pains, hell even if it happened twice, but this has happened 6 times in 2 days. I think it's safe to say that that is not growing pains, this is something that is severely broken, and needs to be fixed before this game goes live to the general public.

Sorry to hear that you're not receiving your rewards.

I agree in that it is probably a bug etc.

No offense and just trying to help yet, your inventory is not full correct? I do know that if I forgot to sell some items or power cells and my inventory is full, I cannot receive mission rewards. Just throwing that out there is all....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-01-2010, 03:23 AM
I am confused. If you have been playing MMO's for 10 years, then you should know by now how MMO's work at launch. Bugs, broken servers, lack of bandwidth. Cryptic isn't releasing a MUD they are releasing a fully 3D and perpetual MMO. If you think you can do a better job, I would sure like to see it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 PM.