Captain
# 1 Of Terror and Darkness
12-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Returning to a strange, distorted parallel timeline is the only way to set right the wrongs done as a result of your actions. Lurking in the shadows of darkness is your only option... and darkness is where the phantom thrives.

This mission is designed for solo play.

Name: Of Terror and Darkness
Faction: Fed
Author: @voporak

This mission is a sequel to Of Morals and Ethics. It is set after the events of that mission, and follows on the story. It dialogue heavy and does not contain much combat, so if you spam F on the dialogue it will make absolutely no sense.

Patch notes:
Update 12/19/13
-fixed typos
-sloooooowed down Rawrf Cat and Smaug
-added a new little mob in Memory Alpha and some new dialogue to Vop's entry. The dialogue explains why said mob is there, and displays the horror of his scientific experiments.
Update 1/5/14
-changed all 'Next' responses to '...'
-fixed a typo
-fixed a buggy enemy group
-added some wreckage detail to Empok Nor

Post-mission notes (warning: these contain spoilers. Do not read until you have played the mission. Highlight to see them):
-As you may have noticed, I am friends with Ashkrik23, and we give each other cameos in our missions. In Of Morals and Ethics, two of his characters, I'Zira and Taka, died. In this one, Sarabi and Scar die with Kovu being turned into an Elachi and being killed by the player. Next up: Simba and Mufasa!
-Edward is the name of my Winter Epohh Elder.
-The 'they' Voporak repeatedly mentions is... nah, I ain't telling you.
-What's energized protodermis, says you? It's a Bionicle reference, you would know if you understood my @handle namesake!
-Scar was actually killed by Kovu and not the ball of energized protodermis. Otherwise, that stuff would have vaporized him.
- This is what Voporak's dialogue looks like: http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/Ad...tml?sort=3&o=7
-The Red October and U.S.S. Dresden seen in the transdimensional gateway have to do with 'them'.
-I am getting tired of writing transdimensional.
-Kormek is a name I've used for so many things (a character name, a person in at least two other foundry stories that never went anywhere, etc.) in the past because I'm terrible at coming up with names.
-more to come

Pictures:

Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.

Last edited by voporak; 01-05-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-15-2013, 05:26 PM
*Reads spoilers* Hey.. that's no spoiler for me!
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-15-2013, 09:38 PM
All right frenemy, I played your mission.
Some notes may be spoilerish, so don't read this if you haven't played yet.

Admiral Kormek's office: Nice and clean office, seems very peaceful. Simple map with dialogue. No errors spotted.

Deep Space Nine: I liked the rift effect you used here. Another map for dialogue with some small tasks. Just simple still. No errors spotted.

Trivas system: Really beautiful map. I like the rings you chose for the planet. The ruined stations were nice. Another simple map with some basic dialogue. No errors spotted.

Empok Nor: That first room... I busted out laughing... especially the cameos....
Found a typo in Lewk's speech. He spells traveling "travelling".

Treasure Trading Station: Kinda creepy with so few people in. Suggest players user their tricorder to help search for Taka's journal. No errors spotted.

Cait: Beam in spot sets the mood for the destruction caused. What you find is sad . The journal is really good. Player may need to use their tricorder for objectives. No errors.

Memory Alpha System: Planet looks nice. Very simple map. No errors spotted. Decoy use was nice.

Memory Alpha: Poor Epohh. He had that whole facility to himself. Good use of map shake effect. Very nice chain reaction for the explosions. No errors.

U.S.S. Black Phantom, Bridge: Why did I want to punch Voporak soon as I saw him? Fight could be tough for those who don't expect the NPC type.

Memory Alpha space: Very awesome effect with the portal. No errors.

Admiral Kormek's office: Simple dialogue, leaves a cliffhanger will make the player wonder what happens next.

Overall this mission does well continuing the events of the last one. This mission is pretty much story only besides one boss fight. So combat enthusiasts may prefer others. I did not really see any huge errors and the cameos are fun. If you enjoyed Of Morals and Ethics then you will enjoy this one. If you haven't played that one.... get to it!
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Hey you took my advice on the name! Nice mission.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Captain
# 5
12-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
Hey you took my advice on the name! Nice mission.
I certainly did.

Thankies frenemy! I'm still patting myself on the back for the Memory Alpha Space transition, lol, took a lot to get it right without busting someone's graphics card.
Quote:
Quote:
Empire Veteran
# 6
12-17-2013, 08:52 AM
So do you have any plans for the next one yet? Also, you should sign up on StarbaseUGC and get your mission advertised there.
Captain
# 7
12-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
So do you have any plans for the next one yet? Also, you should sign up on StarbaseUGC and get your mission advertised there.
I have a very rough idea at the moment of the general idea of it, but no details on the plot. As mentioned at the end of OTaD, it will be called Time's Eye and conclude the series.
Quote:
Quote:
Empire Veteran
# 8
12-17-2013, 01:43 PM
I put both of your missions on my fleet's website with links to the threads.
Rihannsu
# 9
12-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
As mentioned at the end of OTaD, it will be called Time's Eye and conclude the series.
the first two missions of the series start with 'Of'. shouldn't the third as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
# 10
12-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Update today!

-fixed typos
-sloooooowed down Rawrf Cat and Smaug
-added a new little mob in Memory Alpha and some new dialogue to Vop's entry. The dialogue explains why said mob is there, and displays the horror of his scientific experiments.
Quote:
Quote: