Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Nice tv ad. But not really truth there. You can't fire / battle from the bridge, let alone let your captain say "Fire fasers"
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reizla
Nice tv ad. But not really truth there. You can't fire / battle from the bridge, let alone let your captain say "Fire fasers"
Yeah, those scenes are from a cinematic trailer that was released a few months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronas
LMAO! I hope you are TRULY sarcastic and trying to be funny. I mean... really... I hope this was just a troll into trying to be funny. Right? Right?
I assure you I am 100% serious. I've played alot of MMO's and a few from launch. This has been fairly stable. A few minor bugs, only one or two major ones, lag at the beginning, but the latest patch seems to have fixed it. All in all, it's going ok.

Some people have been worried about the queue thing but considering a dev just said they had 100 servers, I don't think the queue means the servers are full, i think it's a short queue to cut down on lag.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
You shouldn't be so cruel toward Cryptic, they do what they can.
*Raises an eyebrow

What? You have me confused. How was I being cruel?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 03:12 AM
STO is much better now than close -> open beta

WoW is still bugged after 5 years of patches
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazza View Post
I found a pretty major bug, enemies still getting trapped in asteroids and requiring 'coaxed' out, bridge officers that still can't path properly, pull extra mobs and get stuck in boxes.

Atleast the "OMG my ships on the ground" and "OMG I'm a human flying in space" bug has disappeared.

It really is the downtime though that's killing people. Atleast the new queuing system should stop the server brainfarting and shutting down
I had been having a lot of trouble with the AI pathing issue in beta, but have only had a boff get hung up once or twice so far, really helps if you don't sprint when going around corners. Saw the asteroid issue once or twice in beta, haven't seen it in headstart though.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall View Post
STO is much better now than close -> open beta

WoW is still bugged after 5 years of patches
I know, right. Wasn't a part of the WoW launch, but from what I hear, it was buggy as hell.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 03:15 AM
I believe this will be the first MMO I have participated in that had TV advertising (I never played WOW, and I don't recall CoX, SWG, PotBS, or Earth & Beyond having air-time).

...Which is nice.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
I assure you I am 100% serious. I've played alot of MMO's and a few from launch. This has been fairly stable. A few minor bugs, only one or two major ones, lag at the beginning, but the latest patch seems to have fixed it. All in all, it's going ok.

Some people have been worried about the queue thing but considering a dev just said they had 100 servers, I don't think the queue means the servers are full, i think it's a short queue to cut down on lag.
Dude, under what rock have you been hiding the last couple months?

The game is horribly unfinished. Even Cryptic themselves have admitted that in some last Q&A articles. But that they were forced to launch anyway.

Just roll a Klingon and tell me if you still think this game is finished?

Ground combat is horrible most of the time, as 70% of the time your NPC crew is stuck in the terrain!

Lot of missions are still bugged. And lot of times I need to retake missions and start all over again.

And we can go on...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
I know, right. Wasn't a part of the WoW launch, but from what I hear, it was buggy as hell.
The only thing I can specifically remember is bugged resource nodes. You had to log in and out again so you could loot something else, if you didn't you'd spend the rest of the time until you did sliding around on the ground in your crouched 'looting' mode.

Also, the introduction of PvP destroyed the servers when the ENTIRE alliance attacked Orgrimarr and the ENTIRE Horde defended it. I have a screenshot of me letting off a sapper charge and getting 1 billion damage per second.