Lt. Commander
First... there are MMORPG gamers. They moan and complain when things go wrong. Since everything is wrong with STO... there is quite a bit atm. Then you have the MMORPG veterans who are a little more forgiving.. but expect value for the money they paid. This = more complaining. Then you have the Star trek geeks who have never played a MMORPG before[edit]

All in all Cryptic did not anticipate the magnitude of negative gamers who would plague them for the release of STO. Cryptic only had two choices really..... release a perfect game at the cost of the wrath of shareholders...... or rush the game out hoping people would have faith in the Cryptic brand. On man what a mistake they made.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 04:10 AM
Oh look, it's THIS THREAD again...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanatosMk1
Oh look, it's THIS THREAD again...
All he;s been doing is trolling. Just report and ignore him and move on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 04:13 AM
I'm a star trek nerd myself, especially for TNG and voyager. I have every episode on dvd and although I don't remember every little detail, i know quite alot especially on my favorite episodes.

I dislike antbiting star trek fans because when you have an episode where picard starts seeing smily faces in clouds of warpcore explosion, surely they could manage to take themself a bit less serious . Startrek itself is about interpretation and imagination.

I even understand that the intro to STO says that spock uses his redmatter device to return to the star trek universe that is known to us but ends up into "another reality". So the whole star trek online experience could be seen as the "cryptic reality" of star trek and isn't the one that would continue from the series.

Please take a deep breath all I'm enjoying the game very much. It has a few bugs here and there yes but it's positive that you can roam the galaxy trading objects, weapons, exchange items, explore procedurally generated worlds (which sometimes have their problems spawning items underground but ok that's not so bad that you would have to say this game sucks)....

I'm amusing myself.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
All he;s been doing is trolling. Just report and ignore him and move on.
This is why we pay you the big money. I didn't even realize there was a report button!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanatosMk1
This is why we pay you the big money. I didn't even realize there was a report button!
Yup. the little red and white triangle. takes a few seconds to send your report. but it works.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 04:19 AM
Aw, you gotta wait until we launch before suggesting we failed.
Hold onto the doom and gloom until at least the third to let us have our launch day!
locking this thread.
Closed Thread