Lt. Commander
I couldn't think of where to put this.

Basically, the first new fleet bank tab is over 1.2 million energy credits? It'll take twelve people making 100k credits and putting those in to the fleet bank. This is ludicrously high. I know you want money sinks, Cryptic, but thats ridiculous.

I can understand maybe the fourth or fifth tab being so high. But the first?!

Reduce the prices please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 10:31 AM
I disagree. Inflation was very apparent in beta, and even with the unofficial ways some people were bringing energy credits into the market I feel it may be a serious problem. The game needs all the gold sinks it can find.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Indeed. I'm assuming this is a bug, actually. And not working as intended.

Hopefully if shall be fixed before the end of headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
I couldn't think of where to put this.

Basically, the first new fleet bank tab is over 1.2 million energy credits? It'll take twelve people making 100k credits and putting those in to the fleet bank. This is ludicrously high. I know you want money sinks, Cryptic, but thats ridiculous.

I can understand maybe the fourth or fifth tab being so high. But the first?!

Reduce the prices please.
It's obviously a bug. They used to be 1000 credits a shot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
It definitely seems high for the first tab. We've got over 20 members in our fleet, and it would definitely be tough for us to afford one of those right now. If this is how Cryptic intended it, though, then it forces a fleet to work towards specific goals to help the entire fleet, which may be a possible reason for the high price.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I could see the next tab being exponentially more, and so on for each tab. But the first tab? Ridiculous. We'd have to bankrupt our members to afford the first tab.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobkyou
I disagree. Inflation was very apparent in beta, and even with the unofficial ways some people were bringing energy credits into the market I feel it may be a serious problem. The game needs all the gold sinks it can find.
gold sinks do nothing to help these fake economies...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I agree with gold sinks, but only if they are progressive.

I would like to see the first extra tab's cost be in the 10,000 - 100,000 range. And each successive tab progressively more expensive.

Last tab costing in the million range is fine to me, but not the first.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
gold sinks do nothing to help these fake economies...
Gold sinks are exactly what are required to help a fake economy. You have to take money out of the economy at a rate proportional to the speed at which gold is brought into the economy. Gold sinks of this nature aren't a perfect answer, but they help. A better solution would be a sustainable gold sink (something you pay more than once) but a game still needs all the gold sinks they can get.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
I could see the next tab being exponentially more, and so on for each tab. But the first tab? Ridiculous. We'd have to bankrupt our members to afford the first tab.
Agreed. I was stunned when I saw the cost. It doesn't seem right.