Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrizz View Post
Until you have replies in that thread, your 100% Guarentee is worthless
Lol I found this fix tis morning, and who do you think is keeping these posts up top to keep it out there for you guys.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renoa365
Hydro, I Love You m8... Works for me now =] Having no connection issues what so ever
No worries Renoa, glad I could help

Ps. You a final fantasy fan per chance??
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael45854
Lol I found this fix tis morning, and who do you think is keeping these posts up top to keep it out there for you guys.
Seriously. Feedback or it's only 100% for you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Read the original post, he is onto something there, but he dint realize that its Safe Mode thats really doing the fix, try it, youll see, set your video settings all the way up, and youll get the problem back, then check mark only safe mode, your loading screen probs go away. And as far as not getting any replies, its only a couple hours old, and people are loggin in and not replying cause it worked for them, they all in the game not in the forums trolling others being helpful.

Be useful and now try to figure out whats wrong in the video settings thats causing this problem or run along and go watch your hanna montana tapes if your not helping.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 08:37 AM
8) whooooot whooot
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
No worries Renoa, glad I could help

Ps. You a final fantasy fan per chance??
What gave that away =P FF8 ROCK!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 08:57 AM
It DOES work, i figured this out as well when i had connections problems. :-(
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyc View Post
the reason the proxy is ther is for those with isp's that throttle ther conection to the game sever causing huge lag. so if you are not haveing lag with the proxy set to none you should not be useing it.

as for me i have to use the proxy, it is ether constant unplayable lag or random disconnects and long log in times /sigh
I'm in this situation as well. Didn't realize it had to do with throttling though. I have the same ISP of my friend that lives about 1,000km away and I have these problems but he doesn't. So I don't know that it is the throttling so much as where it routs from our different geographic locations. Using a speed test I can get well over 2mb/s and I am capable of downloading 1.8-2.2mb/s from appropriate sites as well so I know ti's not a speed issue. I also never get disconnected with general internet use or playing any other games.

It's also not a hardware issue as the game does the same thing on my laptop that can play STO as well. This leads me to believe it's a routing issue, but I've setup my computer as a DMZ and turned off my security momentarily to test and still does the same thing. I've updated my router firmware as well.

I really hope Cryptic sorts something out on their end. Haven't played with the patch from last night yet so maybe that is helping?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael45854
Read the original post, he is onto something there, but he dint realize that its Safe Mode thats really doing the fix, try it, youll see, set your video settings all the way up, and youll get the problem back, then check mark only safe mode, your loading screen probs go away. And as far as not getting any replies, its only a couple hours old, and people are loggin in and not replying cause it worked for them, they all in the game not in the forums trolling others being helpful.

Be useful and now try to figure out whats wrong in the video settings thats causing this problem or run along and go watch your hanna montana tapes if your not helping.
Can you please stop derailing the thread Michael, I've posted my fix for people, you've posted yours, please butt out and stop trolling.

Its nothing to do with safe mode either by the way. I'm talking about proxies, not the game engine in general. The problem prople are having is to do with authentication between the client and the server and safe mode is only really used when you are having graphical or audio failures in the game making it unplayable.

Please read first before jumping the gun.