Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I got myself the shields of the Dyson Sphere Space Set yesterday and equipped it onto my Bird of Prey to see what it's visuals look like... the results were kind of underwhelming (to put it lightly):

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9675/d1tv.jpg
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2070/bm2v.jpg

I don't know if this patchwork-look is intended or not (aka if it's really a bug or not), but this sure is ugly as hell, and if possible I would like to see it fixed... please?
Captain
# 2
12-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Well, i think thats the visual that it should be. I have as well the same shield (i think) and the aspect of my ship is similar, if you get closer to the ship with the zoom u should see the paneled shield effect, and a reflecting effect from far away. I dunno if in the case of Starfleets its different. Now, maybe the textures on the bird of prey are a little messed up when using the shield, but im not sure.
Captain
# 3
12-16-2013, 06:31 PM
I will go out on a limb and say it is WAI, this is the same issue I have on the ar'kif that certain shield skins don't cover the entire ship with their effects, or are two varying effects again not fully covering the entire ship, and making it appear pretty hideous IMO.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Well, compared with this screenie I kind of doubt that this patchwork look is intended <.<
Captain
# 5
12-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorodal View Post
Well, compared with this screenie I kind of doubt that this patchwork look is intended <.<
Fed ships are more often fully covered from shield display effect vs other factions.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Well, several other space sets, like the Breen, Jem'Hadar, Reman or the KHG show that covering a BoP's hull entirely with the intended visuals is possible. There really is no need for this rag rug...
Captain
# 7
12-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorodal View Post
Well, several other space sets, like the Breen, Jem'Hadar, Reman or the KHG show that covering a BoP's hull entirely with the intended visuals is possible. There really is no need for this rag rug...
Oh I agree, I have been nagging them to do something about the same issue with my Ar'Kif.

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 12-23-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-23-2013, 05:47 PM
OK, I now own the complete set, and not only is the shield not covering up the hull completly (as stated in the OP), leading to a really ugly looking patchwork pattern on KDF ships, the visuals for the impulse engines (which I'm told are supposed to be blue flames) don't show up, instead leaving me with the standard red KDF impulse trail.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Ugh. I just got the Dyson shield today, and on my dhelan it looks .... white? Matte white and its ugly ...

I already got white skins, Tvaro has white skin, i got the Veteran white-ish skin..

All white.

Why is Dyson shield not shiny?
Read the book of the Rihannsu.