Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 05:12 AM
I still enjoy the game, downtime in a new mmo are normal.
i still am happy with my pre order and will play this game till i'm bored.

btw and remember to send all stuff you need to me.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 05:14 AM
Actually seeing STO, I'm not really hopeful for TOR either.

TOR at least to my understanding shares this "idea" of instancing game to a death. TOR will also be more of a single player game as is STO.

One can only hope that Bioware changes its direction a bit, after seeing what kind of monster Cryptic crated.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 05:19 AM
Hehe yep i quiet enjoy the game took me a bit to get used to everything and the problems are bad but doesnt bother me that much the same thing happend when i did the **** preplay and now there is no Qs and dc's

I think people are too impatient.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 05:20 AM
I never understood this blind faith in TOR. Yes, BioWare makes great, immersive single-player experiences but they have never -- and I mean never -- handled a MMO title.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Look up alot of our previous posts months ago, alot of us called what the game would be like ages ago. The devs try to give enough information to make the game interesting but always hive away game play whether they meant to or not. I liked the no levels game idea but its still a grind none the less. This game turned out pretty much what I called months ago but I never imagined that the devs would push out such an unfinished game this close to opening day.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halftrack
Funny - "Age of Conan", "WarHammer" etc.. there are always ******s like this guy around. Take it easy dude, its a game.. enjoy it or leave but save yourself, and us, the whining please.
True enough...It is just a Game...But in those Games you mentioned Folks were screaming and crying for a reason, just like they are here...I LOVED a ton of stuff about ***...I hated seeing it die the way it did (well it's not yet truly dead...But most of those who left...which was a majority of initial Subs...will never return)...To ignore the fact that a good amount of Subscribers are REALLY unhappy with this STO Product will only lead to the same fate *** and Warhammer had..This Game is going to bomb REAL bad unless these issues are addressed and it better be quick...I've seen this movie before...It's going to happen unless there is some MAJOR improvement quickly...Telling Folks to stop whining is not helping anything...Those of You who want to defend this Game should be listening to these Folks and demanding the Devs please them. Cause otherwise you'll be playing all by yourselves...Then you'll quit too...

If you REALLY like this Game, listen to those who are unhappy and respect their opinions even if it is a bit of trolling and whining...Cause I can promise you for every one person whining and over-complaining on the Forums, there are 3 more who won't say a word but instead will simply cancel after the first 30-120 days...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyngBills View Post
If you REALLY like this Game, listen to those who are unhappy and respect their opinions even if it is a bit of trolling and whining
Can't do. If they can't take the time to formulate their opinions in a somewhat respectful manner, then they don't deserve to be taken seriously. It's as simple as that. Especially when there are more than enough threads around here where the person has been respectful in stating their issues.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
I never understood this blind faith in TOR. Yes, BioWare makes great, immersive single-player experiences but they have never -- and I mean never -- handled a MMO title.
It's not blind faith...Lucas Arts knows PLENTY about how to handle and how not to handle a SW's MMO...The fact that SWTOR is going to have 5 full years of Development under it's belt before launch should tell anyone they are VERY aware of whet KILLS most MMO's...They know plenty...There is an absolute TON of cash backing that project...They are going to do it right or not at all...Most MMO Devs talk the talk...But over at BioWare Austin they are not just talking...They are going to do it right...Just wait and see...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
Can't do. If they can't take the time to formulate their opinions in a somewhat respectful manner, then they don't deserve to be taken seriously. It's as simple as that. Especially when there are more than enough threads around here where the person has been respectful in stating their issues.
Rise above...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyngBills View Post
It's not blind faith...Lucas Arts knows PLENTY about how to handle and how not to handle a SW's MMO...The fact that SWTOR is going to have 5 full years of Development under it's belt before launch should tell anyone they are VERY aware of whet KILLS most MMO's...They know plenty...There is an absolute TON of cash backing that project...They are going to do it right or not at all...Most MMO Devs talk the talk...But over at BioWare Austin they are not just talking...They are going to do it right...Just wait and see...
I have the utmost faith in BioWare, but for people to already anoint TOR to be the next "great" MMO is simply foolish on the face of it. As for development time... I say read my signature and reference the absolute freakout going on here, only add some Gungan jabs.
Closed Thread