Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon pointer
01-31-2010, 08:03 PM
If you are going to roll a Klingon, try & act a little bit like one - have some freaking balls.

Watching Klingons run away from battle is just embarrassing.

Stay Fed - it suits your playstyle.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:15 PM
If you're referring to battle cloak, perhaps you should watch more episodes and movies. Klingons cloaked mid battle all the time to get a better tactically advantageous position. If you want to call that running away, well....
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:17 PM
So we should rush into battle and spam spacebar til we die? If a few more feds FI into us when we were in a 1-on-1 engagement we should just sit there and take the inevitable death? Actually; not doing everything to ensure victory sounds more like a 'fed' thing than Klingon. If a tactical retreat will swing a battle why not exploit it?

Do me a favor and stay fed, Kame.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Lol, this why most Feds fail.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 09:00 PM
If you deny your enemy the kill, then that is one less point they have to victory... and while you are chasing me, my comrades are tearing you up from the rear
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maagus View Post
If you deny your enemy the kill, then that is one less point they have to victory... and while you are chasing me, my comrades are tearing you up from the rear
Exactly

I'm not leaving battle because I'm afraid, I fly out of combat and cloak so I can line you up and have the upper hand for the few moments before your warp core goes critical

It's funny, but annoying how Feds think we should just LET them blow us up, like any honorable Klingon would do that. If I'm going to let you kill me, it's going to be because I"m using ramming speed to take you out with me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirte
So we should rush into battle and spam spacebar til we die? If a few more feds FI into us when we were in a 1-on-1 engagement we should just sit there and take the inevitable death? Actually; not doing everything to ensure victory sounds more like a 'fed' thing than Klingon. If a tactical retreat will swing a battle why not exploit it?

Do me a favor and stay fed, Kame.
I find it interesting as to how you have perceived my point.

Firstly, I was not refering to Space battle, but Ground.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with cloak.

Thirdly, your tactical retreat is very different from what I called 'running away'.

I meant: Running away. Simply: Running away. As in: Leaving the battle.

Stay Fed? Rather not as it is me you'll find at the front of every PvP battle - Klingon style.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleonic View Post
I find it interesting as to how you have perceived my point.

Firstly, I was not refering to Space battle, but Ground.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with cloak.

Thirdly, your tactical retreat is very different from what I called 'running away'.

I meant: Running away. Simply: Running away. As in: Leaving the battle.

Stay Fed? Rather not as it is me you'll find at the front of every PvP battle - Klingon style.
Okay I think everyone who read your post misinterpreted your comments for space combat. Are you referring to people leaving the PVP instance? I honestly understood that running away simply meant running, fleeing, and trying to stay alive.

Personally I don't mind leavers. At the least it opens up a slot for someone willing to play rather than having someone afk in the instance and leech skill points.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Misinterpretation is the norm online however something is presented.

Yes, I meant either leaving the system, or running away & not coming back.

Regardless, I chose my words carefully: It is nice to find out just how many 'Klingons' are more than willing to simply chicken out of battle. Many people prioritise a win, whereas I prioritise fighting, win or die I do not give a flying ****.

As Klingons we even have a mission, or missions telling us to die. So why run?

I may be suicidal, but how many Klingon, Trek episodes did you see with Klingons making excuses & fleeing?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Okay, I was a fool and assumed you were talking space combat ( I guess I was projecting my own distaste of ground combat there).

With ground combat the way it is ; I'll have to agree. If the kill goal was reduced back to a more manageable number then I might start to disagree. ATM it just takes to darn long...