Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Im sorry but Space combat is beyond boring, and the missions bore me to death. Just wondering if I can just got to a planet on the group and grind exp by fighting.

Every MMO I ever played you could quest or grind?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Nope. This isn't that type of MMO. You get exp mainly from completing missions, not just defeating oponents.
Lt. Commander
# 3
next thing im going to hear is can we afk grind...
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMove View Post
Im sorry but Space combat is beyond boring, and the missions bore me to death. Just wondering if I can just got to a planet on the group and grind exp by fighting.

Every MMO I ever played you could quest or grind?
From what I've seen, no. This game is based around its story arc. In my opinion, the missions aren't boring, and space combat is rather fun when playing with a fleet mate or two. If you play with a full group, it completely changes the feel.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Ya thats what I figured. This game is definitly not for me. I asked steam for a refund so hopefully I get it tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Game feels and plays like a single player game, and I f im gonna play a single player sci fy game then Im gonna play Mass Effect 2.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:28 PM
So wait... you claim that the game is boring, but you want to grind-grind-grind your way to greatness by slaughtering thousands of ground troops on end?

Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Um Raynre? The guy bought the game and THEN asked what it was about. Do you really think rational thinking is useful here? <LOL>

Nah OP, the game probably isn't for you. Have fun in ME2 though; saw a commercial for it on TV and it effin blew me away. Looking forward to playing it in a few months.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynre View Post
So wait... you claim that the game is boring, but you want to grind-grind-grind your way to greatness by slaughtering thousands of ground troops on end?

It's called freedom and choice for whatever you want to do. You know. What MMO's usually offer.

Isn't doing the same repeatable missions over and over and over and over (between the few story mission arcs that are available) not a grind then? Just saying.

To answer the OP:

No STO doesn't have that. There are no persistent zones (Except small mission hubs like Earth Space dock).

All content zones are rendered on the fly for each mission you take. So without a mission, all you access is empty space and empty zones with nothing in it.

Jer
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 01:01 AM
the closest thing I've found to grinding in STO are the Enemy Signal Contact missions

Since there is a 5 minute restart between each running of one go through of the instance, you can just fly around between them and kill enemies of your level or better to get a few more xp. And since the entire mission itself is repeatable..