Empire Veteran
# 11
12-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
What any area missions?

Please clarify this. Are these the "Stop Voth blitz" or the missions like "Dyson command" or "Trade outpost missions" or both?
On the Allied and Contested maps, there are four green icons, right? Well, each of those marks a random mission to undertake, which takes relatively 15mins

Unless I'm wrong (and correct me if I am Brandon), each of those count as an area mission, and thus completing any of them earns you a Dyson Commendation once per 20hrs
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 12-16-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 12
12-16-2013, 05:21 PM
now the allied zone daily is getting removed too? wow, i guess i shouldn't be surprised. 960 dil, 50 marks, a token, its insane not to do it everyday, it takes between 2 and 5 minutes, and rewards like that. its the one thing that made leveing rep and getting items up to this point relatively painless, allowing me to spend more of my time having fun. you really couldn't wait 1 more week to take this away from me? id be done with rep by then

fine, area missions have the token now, whatever. do they come with the dil and that many marks too? doubt it. at least they arent rewarding an are you kidding me 10 marks anymore.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 13
12-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
now the allied zone daily is getting removed too? wow, i guess i shouldn't be surprised. 960 dil, 50 marks, a token, its insane not to do it everyday, it takes between 2 and 5 minutes, and rewards like that. its the one thing that made leveing rep and getting items up to this point relatively painless, allowing me to spend more of my time having fun. you really couldn't wait 1 more week to take this away from me? id be done with rep by then

fine, area missions have the token now, whatever. do they come with the dil and that many marks too? doubt it. at least they arent rewarding an are you kidding me 10 marks anymore.
Yeah, it was too nice to be true I guess. The new Dyson rep, now with less fun and more grind.
And since killing Voth no longer has any meaning in the contested zone I guess I won't be doing any capture the tower in the future as well.
Join Unrepentant!

Rihannsu
# 14
12-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
[*]Daily missions for the Allied Zone and Contested Zone have been removed.
This is bad news.

What I liked about the Daily was it was all I needed to kickoff a day's worth of projects (1x 20hr, and 1x 1hr) on an Alt. It gave the Commendation, and enough Marks and Dil to have left over towards saving up for gear.

It took about 10-15mins to complete for me.

That made Alt'ing on Dyson like running my other Reps. 1x STF, 1x CE, 1x Epohh Tagging, 1x Allied Zone Daily. About an hour's worth of play and I could advance an Alt for a day.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 15
12-16-2013, 05:42 PM
An "area mission" is any mission handed out in one of the specific areas of a zone. This includes:

ALLIED ZONE
Joint Command
Ion Stream
Supply Depot
Minefield

CONTESTED ZONE
Allied Border
Wasteland
Industrial Area
Voth Front

When you take an area mission, you will be randomly assigned a task to complete. Area missions typically involve flying to another part of the zone and completing tasks there, and may have you travel extensively, with some enemy encounters along the way. You can now earn a Dyson commendation directly from completing an area mission, rather than by having to take a daily mission, then completing various other tasks. This way, if you complete an area mission, you don't have to worry that you may have forgotten to take another mission wrapper for your daily commendation.

A "found mission" is one that you discover out in the sphere while flying around. You might pick it up by hailing an allied ship, by stumbling across an odd phenomenon, or from a transmission that you receive. Found missions are marked on your overhead map with a golden icon when they are available in a particular location. You can only take one found mission at a time. Found missions are usually very short and generally involve only doing tasks in the area where you picked up the mission. Because they are so short, found missions reward a small number of marks and no commendation.

An "event mission" or "open mission" is a mission that becomes available to everyone on the map. In the sphere, these missions will happen in a specific area, but they turn on at various times. Examples of these are when the Supply Depot is attacked by large numbers of swarmers that try to destroy cargo, or when the Voth make a push at the minefield -- everyone in the zone receives a notification that the event is happening. Participating in the event will generally give you rewards, but not commendations.

In addition to area missions, you can still earn commendations from queued events and from participating in the battlezone.

Our goal is to streamline the process of earning commendations so that you don't have to worry about accidentally forgetting to accept or turn in a daily mission; instead you get the commendation along with the other rewards that you earn from a regular sphere mission or queued event, and the 20-hour cooldown is built in to the process without preventing you from playing more missions.
Empire Veteran
# 16
12-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Well this is nice to hear. I knew those were the area missions.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Captain
# 17
12-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
An "area mission" is any mission handed out in one of the specific areas of a zone. This includes:

ALLIED ZONE
Joint Command
Ion Stream
Supply Depot
Minefield

CONTESTED ZONE
Allied Border
Wasteland
Industrial Area
Voth Front

When you take an area mission, you will be randomly assigned a task to complete. Area missions typically involve flying to another part of the zone and completing tasks there, and may have you travel extensively, with some enemy encounters along the way. You can now earn a Dyson commendation directly from completing an area mission, rather than by having to take a daily mission, then completing various other tasks. This way, if you complete an area mission, you don't have to worry that you may have forgotten to take another mission wrapper for your daily commendation.

A "found mission" is one that you discover out in the sphere while flying around. You might pick it up by hailing an allied ship, by stumbling across an odd phenomenon, or from a transmission that you receive. Found missions are marked on your overhead map with a golden icon when they are available in a particular location. You can only take one found mission at a time. Found missions are usually very short and generally involve only doing tasks in the area where you picked up the mission. Because they are so short, found missions reward a small number of marks and no commendation.

An "event mission" or "open mission" is a mission that becomes available to everyone on the map. In the sphere, these missions will happen in a specific area, but they turn on at various times. Examples of these are when the Supply Depot is attacked by large numbers of swarmers that try to destroy cargo, or when the Voth make a push at the minefield -- everyone in the zone receives a notification that the event is happening. Participating in the event will generally give you rewards, but not commendations.

In addition to area missions, you can still earn commendations from queued events and from participating in the battlezone.

Our goal is to streamline the process of earning commendations so that you don't have to worry about accidentally forgetting to accept or turn in a daily mission; instead you get the commendation along with the other rewards that you earn from a regular sphere mission or queued event, and the 20-hour cooldown is built in to the process without preventing you from playing more missions.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Well it will be easier to get commendations, but without the 960 dil reward.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 18
12-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
This is bad news.
Please read the bullet points below it, and the new post from Jesse above. We'll try and make clearer patch notes for these changes in the release notes for Holodeck.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 19
12-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I believe the concern is the apparent subtraction of marks and dilithium earned from the dailies, given the original concerned individual stated marks not commendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
So, basically, what you are saying is that you made it harder for weekend players like myself to get Dyson Marks in a quick 10-20 minute run. I haw have to either:

Run the BattleZone, which is glitchy, the NPCs are OP as heck, the BOFFs are too stupid to avoid mortars, and the NPC spawns are out of control.

OR

Run the Breach, which is full of Voth High Yields that do 30K damage and would completely obliterate anything smaller than a cruiser.

WHY?!
"STO - To boldly frakk up what wasn't frakked before...."
Empire Veteran
# 20
12-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirahitomi View Post
I believe the concern is the apparent subtraction of marks and dilithium earned from the dailies, given the original concerned individual stated marks not commendations.
This is my concern as well.

I would rather see those particular daily missions STAY for the extra Mark and dil, since it's a daily mission anyways, and would still be a nice source of those two things for players.

If you want to shift commendations to the area missions, that isn't an issue IMO. It'd just be nice to keep the dailies.