Lt. Commander
# 1 Steam release date question.
02-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Steam says 2nd of Feb for release date. However, I have heard 5th Feb for us UK people is the release date. Anyone know if Steam will be giving out the codes essentially 3 days early to the UK people, or will they differentiate, and give them out on the 5th?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Don't know to be honest, I'm on steam and sto isn't in the shops till this friday, I would assume that steam will release on the 2nd hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansrza
Steam says 2nd of Feb for release date. However, I have heard 5th Feb for us UK people is the release date. Anyone know if Steam will be giving out the codes essentially 3 days early to the UK people, or will they differentiate, and give them out on the 5th?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 06:22 AM
Steam does allow publishers to set/change the release date depending on region, I've had problems with it in the past. I'm also in the UK though - hopefully we'll see it released tomorrow \0/.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 06:31 AM
I hate to say it but i think they will lock it down until friday, ive quite often witnessed people in the US getting games a couple of days before me and short of them gifting it to me (which you can do with an mmo) theres no way i could obtain it until release day. I hope im wrong about this though, i really want to start getting my pre-order stuff onto my account..
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm waiting for the retail release anyway, to save my precious bandwidth, but I hope you folks are nicely surprised
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 06:38 AM
have you guys recieved your pre order keys yet from steam? If so how long does it take from purchase to get them in your mail box?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 06:51 AM
I got my pre-order key from steam as part of the download (if you right click on the game in steam you can select "view game key").

Not got my retail key yet, but expecting it tomorrow anyway (my steam definitely says released tomorrow) .

Oh and I'm in the UK.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek88 View Post
I got my pre-order key from steam as part of the download (if you right click on the game in steam you can select "view game key").

Not got my retail key yet, but expecting it tomorrow anyway (my steam definitely says released tomorrow) .

Oh and I'm in the UK.
U JUST MADE MY DAY I LUB YOU!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek88 View Post

Oh and I'm in the UK.
Same for me, should get the key tomorrow according to Steam (oh and I'm also in the UK)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Deliberately locking out european customers doesn't seem likely to me. I think the european distributor that needs to get all the boxes to all the suppliers of all stores in a lot of european countries may have hit a snag in their logistics (tuesday is only two days after the weekend). So to guarantee that all of those stores have the boxes on the same day, they probably have had to postpone retail launch by three days.

TLDR: Retail takes time to ship to stores. No reason why steam wouldn't go with feb 2nd. And even then: most of us are already in head start