Lt. Commander
i've noticed this a few times where i've fought an enemy ship in space and they've managed to shoot through an asteroid or something, i'd not complain if only i was allowed to do the same thing lol, i have to be able to get into field of view before i can fire.

Is this something others are experiencing? any chance of a fix?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr Data
i've noticed this a few times where i've fought an enemy ship in space and they've managed to shoot through an asteroid or something, i'd not complain if only i was allowed to do the same thing lol, i have to be able to get into field of view before i can fire.

You can do it too sometimes. Basically you fly into the rock at the right angle and the tip of your bridge will clip inside. Since your forward weapons banks are passed the LOS blocking outer shell, and the inner shell doesn't block LOS (there are good reasons not to have it doing the extra calculations all the time), you can fire happily through the rock .
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:22 AM
I saw this on the first mission past tutorial. The battle ship at the end eventually was in an asteroid and still firing and i lost my target . I had to fly far enough away for him to chase then swing around and attack again once he was out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:43 AM
It also depends on lag I think. The server side can register that the shot has been fired and has hit before you visibly make it behind something that blocks line of sight. Kinda the sister to the 'it looks like I fired two torps" visual bug.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:57 AM
this is not new was around since CB
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:41 AM
Lag.......
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah i noticed it in CB as well Cowkiller. I've not seen this that often but on a couple of occasions at least. Lag is a possibility yeah. It just didnt seem laggy at the time but yeah, i reckon u guys are right as the servers were busy and there was a bit of lag at some stages.

cheers guys.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:05 AM
It's not just "lag". It's the same problem it's always been: an AI can get itself locked up on a rock or other object. You cannot target it but it targets and fires at you. You have to maneuver around until you find a good line of sight to the target so you can shoot back.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Not going to lie, I was JUST about to post a thread on this

We need an answer if this is working as intended because using astroids as shileds and barriers is...well....tactics lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr Data

yeah lol my team was behind some cargo containers ready to launch an attack and suddenly we got rapped while behind some containers. Could barely move becasue my team was all around me lol wish I could walk through npcs as well.