Lt. Commander
What happened during the last part of Open Beta when Cryptic said they were ordering more servers? This is like a hotel banquet hall serving a Mother's Day all you can eat brunch and running out of food not once but twice in the same day. They should have ordered twice as many servers to handle the load that was required for Open Beta but also to anticipate a huge Opening Day.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Well not long of a wait
01-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Well at least the que wait time isn't that long. By the time I finished the original post and switched back to STO I was in. I was 519 of 625 so I guess it took maybe a minute. I thought 519 would take forever.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguyhi View Post
Well at least the que wait time isn't that long. By the time I finished the original post and switched back to STO I was in. I was 519 of 625 so I guess it took maybe a minute. I thought 519 would take forever.
That just means that that many people CRASHED, bumping you up in lline to log on next, so you to can play for 5 minutes, crash, and restart the que.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
bla bla bla bla bla
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
You've got one too many "ins" in that topic of yours.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geldonyetich View Post
You've got one too many "ins" in that topic of yours.
Not neccesary. If you replace the word login with something like lunchline the sentence works. So its a login ... In Que.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Archer
That just means that that many people CRASHED, bumping you up in lline to log on next, so you to can play for 5 minutes, crash, and restart the que.
Once I was in I was in for quite sometime until they took the server down. Must have been just over 2 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
I am so amused by you whiners. Seriously, you are making my day!!!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxyphoenix
I am so amused by you whiners. Seriously, you are making my day!!!
Ah, in a thread with several responses, you need to be specific as to who your are calling a whiner. If are referring to me, then you are dead wrong. I am simply voicing my opinion. Since Live Launch is in two days there are some cause for concern. I am not willing to pay a monthly fee for a game if I'll be forced into long wait times in a que to login. Maybe for the moment I have all day to play but once I go back to work I won't and don't want to be paying for something that may or may not let me play. If you read my thread completely I did mention that I was not in the que for very long and I was playing for at least 2 hours. Thus I am not unhappy per se but am concerned for the lack of strategic planning on Cryptics part. Its not like they are a newbie gaming company. Things like this shoulld have been planned for in advance by a company with such experience.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Login queues are preferable to total server crashes. I'm still amazed that people are crying about things like login queues when the running joke for the first 18 months of WoW's life was that it was more like World of Crashcraft, since the servers were down more than they were up.

So yes, you are whining over nothing, since the game literally two weeks into the wild and Cryptic is just on schedule compared to other MMO launches.