Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 06:12 AM
/signed

The problem I keep having is I finish a battle and exit to sector space. Then, while I'm placing my skill points and checking what phat lewt I got, I get sucked back in again because I didn't move off the spot. Random encounters are fine (great, actually). Getting sucked back into the same battle I just fought is not.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 06:14 AM
so this possibly explains all the ships just sitting their on my Deepspace encounter

darn AFKers

I vote for ramping this up, if your AFK and get sucker in DS encounter and die three times without moving from spawn point you should be turned into a floating blancmonge ,however the hell you spell it, you know that custard wibbly wobbly thing, like jelly but not jelly...come one you knwo what I mean...no not a strudel bar. the jelly....darn it DS encounter goign afk :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 06:15 AM
This can be anooying. I have heard several people in-gme complain about this. I dont think it should "suck you in", so to speak, but from an RP perspective it could be considered being ambushed.

I do believe there should be a control mechanism in place to allow a player to turn off the auto-engagement of these instances. It would aid in reducing the confusion and frustration many players feel about this. Though as long as you arent engaged, you can always choose to exit the engagement to sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 06:19 AM
They are hostile ships, they actively target persue, and intercept you.
Having said that I find it utterly dumb that they say 'there are federation ships fighting here blah blah, would you like to join the battle' or words to that effect.

Why are they politely inviting us to come fight?

They should go 'RAAAAAAAGGH K'PLAH PEW PEW' and all that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 07:06 AM
yeah ....you never intnded on being attacked? hmm i think cryptic should really sort this...the enemy should only attack when we are ready for them...so someone go tell them..hurry up...fed up getting afk ganked...

its to represent you being attacked, and if your afk, its your own fault, go afk in a station or in a system..thatway you wont be bothered
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post
so this possibly explains all the ships just sitting their on my Deepspace encounter

darn AFKers

I vote for ramping this up, if your AFK and get sucker in DS encounter and die three times without moving from spawn point you should be turned into a floating blancmonge ,however the hell you spell it, you know that custard wibbly wobbly thing, like jelly but not jelly...come one you knwo what I mean...no not a strudel bar. the jelly....darn it DS encounter goign afk :p
It's not really "AFKing" if you're in the other room draining the lizard, man. C'mon -- that's just annoying. :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
It's not really "AFKing" if you're in the other room draining the lizard, man. C'mon -- that's just annoying. :p

Klingons seldom wait for you to pee.

Known fact.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
It's not really "AFKing" if you're in the other room draining the lizard, man. C'mon -- that's just annoying.

its well known there are no toilets in startrek...just shows your not a hardcore RP'er
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
Klingons seldom wait for you to pee.

Known fact.
Pfft. And they talk about "honor"...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Also?

"Draining the Lizard" on TOS usually left about 6 red shirts dead, and at least ONE person with all of the salt sucked out of his body.