Lt. Commander
# 1 Any fleets out there for me?
02-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Hi there, I've only been playing for about a week, but I'm interested in finding a fleet that is not overly rigid about being in-character, yet offers some RP. I'm currently a Lt. Commander in command of a science vessel, and plan to continue in a science career, so an in-character fleet perfect for this character would be something like a Federation Exploratory Commission or a Vulcan Science Directorate. After skimming the forums and not seeing anything like that advertised, I thought I would ask to see if there were any that existed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
Hi there, I've only been playing for about a week, but I'm interested in finding a fleet that is not overly rigid about being in-character, yet offers some RP. I'm currently a Lt. Commander in command of a science vessel, and plan to continue in a science career, so an in-character fleet perfect for this character would be something like a Federation Exploratory Commission or a Vulcan Science Directorate. After skimming the forums and not seeing anything like that advertised, I thought I would ask to see if there were any that existed.
Hello!

Where are you based? We are currently a UK based fleet but welcome non-Brits. The Andorian Imperial Guard encompasses all races and welcomes both combat and scientific interest through a single arm of service within Starfleet. We just enjoy the game, and focus on having fun and working as a team, but also include role play elements as a tool to enjoying the game...but we aren't rigid at all!

If your interested, pour out a glass of Andorian Ale and we'll talk...

Chris

OFFICIAL RELEASE:

The Andorian Imperial Guard fight for the honour of Andoria and the Federation. Membership is open to Andorians and non-Andorians as part of our post-Dominion War multi-ethnic program! We are currently and entirely UK based fleet.

Basicly its just a place for plays to play and know that somewhere in the galaxy someone will have your back! Friendly, open, gentle RP, but if you don't then you don't have to! Had a great City of Heroes guild so the natural evolution of that! We're great fun!

Fleet Name: Andorian Imperial Guard
Fleet's website: None (at the moment in time, being built as we speak)
Affiliation: Federation
TimeZone: GMT (BST/DST)
Gameplay: No idea...erm, well I suppose we just have fun..maybe a tiny bit of RP
Political Contact(s): Me, (SpudUk...on the forums)
Voice Server: None (at the moment, being sorted out as we speak)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 05:50 AM
hello and welcome to the sto forums. i am curious are you asking to find a fleet that dont care if you are in your character for the fleet? why look for a fleet if you dont want to be in character?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:34 AM
After reading your post, I decided you might just fit in with the 1-8-7. We're not a scientific fleet, but we do have a good group of science vessels. In fact, I would think a fleet with a full arsenal of ships would be best, after all, those science ships will want a little protection. Fleet 187 has more than 100 members and focuses on mature players. We want our members to be active- so we're not just interested in numbers. In fact, I have already read and passed on inviting three players prior to this one today. We do expect members to visit the website and be active in-game. That's not to say you have to play daily, or even a set number of hours. My suggestion is for you to head to fleet187.com and see what we're all about. I think you'll be glad you did.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Fifth Fleet
02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Come and check out our Science department. If you're looking for a fleet, come check out The Fifth Fleet. We're looking for all types of players.

The Fifth Fleet is looking for more recruits, we have many places still to fill out in our fleet, especially in the departments of Science & Exploration, and also in our Tactical Operations, Logistics & Security departments.

What we want:

Dedication
Creative thinking
Formality when talking to fellow officers
Honorable conduct
Support your fellow officers - We laugh together and we grieve together
What we give:

Exams to teach you about our procedures, science, military strategies
A circle of friends, the Fifth fleet is more than just a random group of nobodies. We are true friends here.
Dedication from our officers - You are never alone
Always a good laugh
Fleet movie nights, Fleet game nights
Ample rewards for those who deserve such rewards

The Fleet is looking for You!
You think you got what it takes? Enlist Here.

Remember, only the best serve in the Fifth Fleet. If you feel you aren't the best - Don't worry. We'll make you the best that you can be.

# 6
02-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Good day Mr./Ms. frellthat,

I am Admiral H3llR4iser representing Starfleet, it's my pleasure to make your acquaintance.
We are a long-estabilished Fleet in the Trek gaming venue, standing our ground since 1997.

Starfleet is loosely modeled after the Starfleet from the show, with the same ranking system, chain of command and general organization: each new member starts out as a Cadet/Crewman and can work his or her way up through the ranks, hold command positions and perform various tasks and duties if he/she wishes so.
Since we are an international organization, we have a wide members base spanning around many places on the globe, altough the slight majority of them is in the US timezones; Age-wise, we also cover a wide area with most members being from late teens/early 20s to late 30s, so you would easily be able to find the most suitable environment for you - this also means that Starfleet fully realizes the needs of mature players, as almost all of us have full time jobs, families and other activities to attend to. All we really ask is to keep in contact with the fleet using the forums and to have fun when we meet to play toghether.

This is all there is really to know for a start; Please visit us at:

http://www.starfleets.st

and our forums at:

http://www.starfleets.st/vb

Please also feel free to PM me if you have any questions or wish to speak directly.
I hope to see you on our forums soon.

Have a nice day,
Admiral H3llR4iser
Starfleet
Lt. Commander
# 7 2010.02.02 [-A-] Borg Lifers
02-02-2010, 01:44 PM
[ RESPONSE ]
For those lifers out there with Borg Captains, we are the COLLECTIVE. We are Borg. We are liberated. Resistance is still futile.

With many experienced, mature, and casual players aboard, we all have at least two things in common: We are Borg (already mentioned) and we are all lifers (and thus, we are ST fans and expect this game to expand).

If you are a Borg Captain, prepare to be assimilated into the Collective!