Lt. Commander
# 1 Flagging targets in battle
02-01-2010, 08:53 AM
There should be an option to flag a target as primary. If I am the "leader" I'd like to be able to have my team concentrate fire on specific targets/ships first. Is there already something like this available, or will there ever be?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Totally agree. =D
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:58 AM
This is something critical to fleet ops. Whether or not this is already available I am unsure. In beta (and as now as a result) I simply disable auto fleet join because people simply wouldnt focus DPS... and as a result everyone died.

A visual representation would be good + a button or shortcut that "Target Fleet Primary Target" or some such hoohaa
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
I would love to see this implemented
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't know if it is intended to be the mechanism to do that or not but this works pretty well:

Target the target caller in your team. Click on their picture in the team list or set a key to target next ally or team member.

Then hit your attack key, it will automatically attack their target and bam, everyone is on the same target.

hope that helps.

But I do agree, it would really help if there was some specific way to do it. Like let the team leader set a target and then give us a key bind to automatically target what ever is set as the primary target.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I agree. As someone who plays a tank (protection spec warrior) in World Of ********, I am almost totally reliant on raid icons to make the drooling idiots in my groups actually perform the task that they should be doing.

The community in Star Trek Online isn't that bad, but I still end up grouped with a large number of players who simply don't have the knack for knowing which ship(s) should be the priority targets. Unfortunately even raid icons won't stop the idiots who decide to go off scanning objectives and looting anomalies while everyone else is fighting.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
yes, this needs to be done, chat orders are too out of the way to be useful

nothing spells pwnage like every ship heading off after a different mob
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 09:42 AM
The galactic scale rave that the main caller is putting on doesnt indicate who he is attacking enough?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Maybe add a Science power or a Cruiser ship ability (since cruiser folks are trying to figure out where they fit in) that offers a visual effect and a slight accuracy debuff or something.

On the flip side, if they have assist enabled, they can just target you and they'l automatically fire on your targets.