Lt. Commander
I am a 50+ player, who digs non erotic RP, PvE, and some PvP depending on the amount smack and malarchy which I am unable to tolerate. I do not have interest in any form of power playing, and rarely desire to use Ventrillo or Team Speak. Pretty much any time I see l33t chat I want to vomit shut down my computer and apply for a job with the United States Post Office.

I do not tolerate nor am interested in any form of vulgarity, especially in the form of character name. I anticipate that any Fleet that I will be a part of will have some controls in place that ensure a certain relationship with Star Trek cannon, and do not permit Captains with names like bignutz, lolzerrrrs, upinya69, or anything else of that fashion.

I have family, a high pressure job, and other matters that are far more important than any game.

That said, I am an avid gamer, with a lifetime of experience and depth. I have been playing MMO's for 19 years now, and long before the first calculator was drawn on paper I was playing RP Games.

I see there are dozens and dozens of Fleets out there, and there is no single comprehensive place to explore a large chunk, so I am posting here in the hopes that someone seeking a like-minded Captain will hail me.

Thank you,

Lt. Solyne D Wells
USS Conestoga

In game name solyne@solyne
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Hey ya Captain Solyne. We're not heavily in RP ing but we try and keep our membership mature and the Captain names halfway realistic. Our youngest I think is 27, oldest is 58. We have a ventrilo but it is nowhere near mandatory. Only rule we have is that members treat other players with respect and keep things mature. Your welcome to come aboard and check to see if the roster is up to your specifications. You can check us out and make a post here if your interested:

Link

I would ask you message me directly if your not satisfied with things, opposed to voicing opinions in Fleet chat. I try my best to keep drama and confrontation clear of our fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Fifth Fleet
02-01-2010, 08:43 AM
I could not agree with you more in naming conventions. We have a pretty good bunch of people in our group. If you get a sec come and check us out.

The Fifth Fleet is looking for more recruits, we have many places still to fill out in our fleet, especially in the departments of Science & Exploration, and also in our Tactical Operations, Logistics & Security departments.

What we want:

Dedication
Creative thinking
Formality when talking to fellow officers
Honorable conduct
Support your fellow officers - We laugh together and we grieve together
What we give:

Exams to teach you about our procedures, science, military strategies
A circle of friends, the Fifth fleet is more than just a random group of nobodies. We are true friends here.
Dedication from our officers - You are never alone
Always a good laugh
Fleet movie nights, Fleet game nights
Ample rewards for those who deserve such rewards

The Fleet is looking for You!
You think you got what it takes? Enlist Here.

Remember, only the best serve in the Fifth Fleet. If you feel you aren't the best - Don't worry. We'll make you the best that you can be.

# 4
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Greetings, Solyne! I think we may have what you're looking for. I'm confident in saying that all our members feel the way you do about maturity in the game, and that's why were in a fleet together. We are mature in age and in action; our youngest member is 28 and our oldest is... older than that. We've all got families and responsibilities outside the game, and like you, those always come first. We are a laid-back casual fleet precisely because STO is where we go to relax and have a good time.

We are a smaller fleet, and that so far has made for a very friendly experience. Our officers know all the other officers, and we enjoy friendly banter and helpful advice on the Vent channel, although some choose simply to listen and that's perfectly fine as well. We haven't had to put a naming convention into place formally, because it's not been a problem. Our officers have no interest in that sort of thing. Blowing up Klingon ships? That's another thing...

We are based in the Eastern and Central US timezones, and there's a good probability of finding a few other officers on at a given time, especially in the evenings. We have a wide range of experience, from first-time MMO players to veterans like yourself. Our veterans do like to help guide newer players and teach them how to play.

We would be honored if you would consider joining us. Our fleet website is: http://fleet1580.guildlaunch.com. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Good luck finding a fleet, and we hope to see you in-game!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 11:10 AM
As a representative of the Canadian Federation it is my honour to extend an invitation to you Solyne.

Our members are mature and practical in their conduct. We were formed by casual players whom like to have all the benefits of a fleet without any of the hassles of a rigid command structure. While we may be casual we are very dedicated. Above all else our fleet is about getting together and having fun with our members. The majority of our members are Canadian and American, but don't let that hold you back, we are open to everyone. We have a dedicated Ventrilo server for Fleet communication.

Our fleet has 60+ active members ranging in age from 20 to 52. You won't find vulgarity in our fleet. We do not require our members to use Vent so you can only if you want to. As for the fleet chat, we're a mature bunch so you should fit right in.

So if you like what you hear, please come and check out our site. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me or any of our other fleet members.

Thank you for your consideration,

The Canadian Federation
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Good day Captain,

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet may also be of interest to you (See ref info quote below from one of the VKF officers). Although I am a new cadet, the fleet members so far are very mature and logical (of course). If you have any questions please contact one of the officers. Good luck in your search and I am glad to see other mature, responsible folk like myself (well I'm usually mature I think ) into gaming.

Live Long and Prosper,

Valrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeySailor View Post
Good Launch Day to you. I am Zhel-lan Keysailor, Fleet Executive Officer of the VKF. You may find our Fleet a good fit, provided you can RP with cold logic, insightful analysis, and superior intellect as we Vulcans do.

The VKF is medium RP, we are focused on enriching our members' in-game experience in every way. Come check us out here at http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=90067 or at our Fleet forum -we're in transition from http://vulcankolinahrfleet.forumotion.com/forum.htm to www.vulcankolinarfleet.com/forum

We are worldwide, have both casual and hardcore members, have vent, and have each others' well-being as a common goal. I personally have been a fan of the ST genre for decades.

Our Fleet is formed in-game, and we have competed several PvE missions with small groups - I find it very satisfying to work with logical, analytical Vulcans, and we do have other races in the VKF - they are...fascinating.

Live Long and Prosper, and know that the VKF will answer all Federation hails.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 06:22 AM
hello and welcome to sto forums. we at the 4th fleet are very mature most members are over 30, i am 41 myself. we are friendly, coperative, and active fleet. we do use ventrilo and do not have any drama. if should any arise we have a jag unit to nip it. if you would like to apply with one of the greatest communities in this game go to http://forums.4th-fleet.com/index.php you can read our history, structure, and what is expected from our members at http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88444