Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Seems Insanely Easy
01-29-2010, 09:39 PM
All ground and space missions I have done, Klingon and Fed, are just cake walks. No fun. No thrill. No challenge. I mean the combat is as exciting as scanning those anomilies.

I was taking on +2 Crusiers in my stock BoP out of the gate and and they where barely denting my shields and then going down after a good torp volley.

I am hoping this was just tweaked so when the game goes full release the early wont be crowded.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Give it a few more levels.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
All ground and space missions I have done, Klingon and Fed, are just cake walks. No fun. No thrill. No challenge. I mean the combat is as exciting as scanning those anomilies.

I was taking on +2 Crusiers in my stock BoP out of the gate and and they where barely denting my shields and then going down after a good torp volley.

I am hoping this was just tweaked so when the game goes full release the early wont be crowded.
Hoping same thing. As it is right now the game has lost all fun for me. I havent had a shield down yet cept when I was messing around with crystal and like +11, other then that been a joke.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Yep it is easy
01-30-2010, 03:47 AM
A couple of people in Beta complained it was too hard so screwed it up for the other 200,000 - hopefully they will add a dificulty setting like CoH, Champions is getting one too - so it will happen here I hope.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Yeah I wz hoping they would a difficulty slider bar before release.

But in openbeta it wz mentioned that that they allowed easy lvl for the first 11 lvls then start adding difficulty once you make LTC
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:56 AM
I agree.

Where's the challenge? See ship, get its shields down, torp it, wash, rinse, repeat. Oh wait, there's a whole bunch of ships, surely there will be a different strategy involved, right? Nope, just lower the shields, torp it a few times, move on to next target.

Add in the leisurely death penalty, and you get a strategy of blindly zerging content, facerolling anything the devs throw at us.

Where's the mix of space combat, even if it's not realistic? Is this all we're ever going to see, strategy wise, in STO?

I was hoping to encounter moments where I would say to myself, 'Oh noes, it's a ship class x, from race y, and this specific ship does something different!' where I would be forced to alter my strategy a bit, but sadly this isn't the case yet.

I'm hoping that in the coming months the devs will add some more flavor to the mix, and give us a little more challenge in our gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 04:04 AM
I agree,

Its far to easy and nothing more than a time eater! It seems to me that cryptic is more interested in listening to noob MMO players than us expierenced veterans. When the server is actually up......it would be nice to be challangened in some manner other than wondering what to call your charachter.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Yep, it was fine in closed up until they opened the floodgates and let loads of people in during the last month or so, and alot of them complained it was too hard...

Add the open beta whiners and you get easymode mmo
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 04:12 AM
I like to call them, "DummyDown Patch x.xx".
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philius-Fogg View Post
I agree,

Its far to easy and nothing more than a time eater! It seems to me that cryptic is more interested in listening to noob MMO players than us expierenced veterans. When the server is actually up......it would be nice to be challangened in some manner other than wondering what to call your charachter.
There is always EVE...

I had a blast with it for a few months, but since I was not getting paid to play for all the work I was putting in I decided to take a very long break.