Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Yes, yes yes.

I said this back in Beta.

Loved the mission. Hated the voiceover ...

It would make such a difference having decent voiceovers, at least to give things a little depth.

This was a missed opportunity.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I think a lot of people are hearing bass & reverb and thinking "Yup, that's what I remember". The OP on the other hand is hearing a guy who clearly does not have a naturally deep or especially commanding voice, which makes its way through the effects.

Some people just have a sharper ear and memory for sound than others. Some people can hear all of the many subtle guitar tracks in Layla, but most people just hear and remember the signature lines.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Aside from the computer can we just remove all the VO elements. They are all terrible. Yes. INCLUDING Nimoy's. Phone it in much?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
I watched City of the Edge of Tomorrow on CBS after doing that mission. The original voice was cheesy. The game voice is just like it. But I pretty much have a tin ear.

One thing you have to remember, tv shows and movies have bigger production budgets than MMO's. So they can usually afford better actors, musical scores, and the like.