Lieutenant
# 41
01-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergins View Post
My only thought against the idea (other than letting more competition in! lol) is will whoever gets 1st be stuck w/ 100 of each winter item after the event, or is there a way to redeem them later (other than for the GPL consoles)? Or will you trade them in for boxes first?
Added the deadline and commodities info to the first post and highlighted it to catch attention, also here in case it's overlooked: the devs confirmed recently the Winter Store is to remain once unlocked. If anyone hasn't done so yet, it's fairly simple, got to go to the Winter Wonderland, the one commodity needed yo unlock it is giiven there, the instructions as well (actually the Store is on the reputation tab, Events part, Q to get transported is in the First City/ESD/Romulan Command). Some of the winter items are bound (though mostly weapons), and unlocking it is easy and stays there, who knows, maybe you might like some of the options. However, if anyone prefers me to turn the commodities into the boxes, I can do that, of course.
Quote:
The reason the mission logs were redacted is that *redacted* the *redacted* and so *redacted* and *redacted**redacted**redacted**redacted*! Funny how things work out, huh?
Yeah, after hanging around certain people you learn to understand such things, or might end up in situations like when Section 31 tried to bother a certain Cardassian who once took part in the movement against the Dominion and now lives quietly and owns a nice garden and a tailor's shop (I wonder if the ESD one is some branch of that one, but I suspect that's *redacted*) for some information. Well, he did provide some, and thus the agents who tried to act on that ended up in *redacted* *redacted* *redacted*. He commented... something about amateurs, maybe those agents couldn't tell a needle from a button or something... Poor Frankie said that *redacted* *redacted* *redacted*.

And then there was a story when some people from Tal Shiar thought they could trick Q to use him for some purpose, possibly related to New Romulus, they did manage to find him and even relay their part of the supposed bait, but then *redacted**redacted**redacted**redacted**redacted*. Have you seen where Q is now? And have you seen those Tal Shiar agents? That's how "well" that worked.
Quote:
Does this mean, if I win, I need to figure out the cash value of the prize and buy something for my daughter? I think so...
I doubt it's much of a precision question, if you overdo it, unlikely that she'll mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
Admiral Thomas the Caitian, Call-sign in the MACO fighter wing: CatStar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAzpcg0IBYc <-- Theme/poster for his life
Impressive work, it's rather rare that someone works so much on a game character's biography

I've also traced this to the DA page, a lot of art there Glad to see you feel so at home in Star Trek

Last edited by effaeldm; 01-13-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 42
01-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Admiral Thomas the Caitian, Call-sign in the MACO fighter wing: CatStar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAzpcg0IBYc <-- Theme/poster for his life
snip
Very impressive.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 43
01-15-2014, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by effaeldm View Post
Impressive work, it's rather rare that someone works so much on a game character's biography

I've also traced this to the DA page, a lot of art there Glad to see you feel so at home in Star Trek
CatStar is a unique and original character in the star trek universe, I hope to make him canon some day. =^.^=

...or at least to a paperback title, ...they need a Caitian hero for at least one movie!
Resisting ARC to the very end!!! {video}

How Picard dealt with ARC!
Captain
# 44
01-15-2014, 01:05 AM
Quote:
CatStar is a unique and original character in the star trek universe, I hope to make him canon some day. =^.^=

...or at least to a paperback title, ...they need a Caitian hero for at least one movie!
You don't know how tempted I am at the moment to create a one shot comic with Catstar (not so humble Caitian) vs P'ntac Xobrettil Elophctarcs (An arrogant yet scientific Ferasan). And how they have grudge matches of titanic proportions. This includes cat vs cat combat, ship to ship combat, a race of scientific discovery, muscle flexing contests... and a cooking competition (with felinoids of both species acting as judges). And at the end they get a beatdown by said females who are tired of their battles against each other and instead start chasing a hapless Saurian (who thinks he's the most unluckiest individual in the Universe as a result).

Okay... drawing that at the moment will give me a headache. X_X
Captain
# 45
01-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Quote:

Well, if you ever get published, if it's a TOS or TNG novel, let me know the name of the book, so I know what to look for.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Empire Veteran
# 46
01-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Quote:

You will make a story... you will publish it... and this revolution will give the Caitians more spotlight attention .
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 47
01-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
You will make a story... you will publish it... and this revolution will give the Caitians more spotlight attention .
Yes, we have spawned a new generation!! :3 http://www.obeythekitty.com/

Career Officer
# 48
01-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
You don't know how tempted I am at the moment to create a one shot comic with Catstar (not so humble Caitian) vs P'ntac Xobrettil Elophctarcs (An arrogant yet scientific Ferasan). And how they have grudge matches of titanic proportions. This includes cat vs cat combat, ship to ship combat, a race of scientific discovery, muscle flexing contests... and a cooking competition (with felinoids of both species acting as judges). And at the end they get a beatdown by said females who are tired of their battles against each other and instead start chasing a hapless Saurian (who thinks he's the most unluckiest individual in the Universe as a result).

Okay... drawing that at the moment will give me a headache. X_X
I think the Cat your looking for is 009 Lives :3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-z65zt-jKM

Lieutenant
# 49
01-19-2014, 03:05 PM
And here are the winners:

bergins and catstarsto - couldn't really decide, both get the first place, a master key and 100 of each winter commodity.

marcusdkane gets the second place. Did you fix your computer problems or will you tell me who to send this one to?

voporak, azniadeet, and bergins (for the bacon entry, since there were two) - I decided to give the third places to all three of these entries, a winter costume for each.

Please contact me in-game, some haven't even contacted me about the encouragement prizes yet - if you didn't get my mail, my handle is the same as on the forum, @effaeldm

Congratulations to everyone and thanks for participation and for the awesome entries! I'm probably going to start a new contest soon, that one likely easier, with captioned images

And here is a painting, if I may call it so, of some curious plant I haven't seen on New Romulus earlier - for D'Tan http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...ps53f33f0f.jpg

Last edited by effaeldm; 01-19-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Career Officer
# 50
01-19-2014, 08:26 PM
wow :O

thanks, and congratz to the other winners too