Lt. Commander
90% of the threads cry out for fizzing or tweaking in some shape or form.

When 100 issues on pvp dominate the average players mind...

Poor devs... Third times a charm!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
90% of the threads cry out for fizzing or tweaking in some shape or form.

When 100 issues on pvp dominate the average players mind...

Poor devs... Third times a charm!
dude this happens in every game at launch. and 3 months into it the forums will be 90% be crying for some balance form because its impossible to completely balance an MMO, no matter how hard you try. the meta game evolves, people adapt, and if cryptic fails to meet the cries then people leave (note that even if they do meet the cries then people will still leave).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Both sides crying means actually that everything is fine in MMO terms.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 03:35 AM
LoL yeah but they aren't crying for the same thing....

Klingons think Feds are OP (not true, I've won 80% of my matches today) in Ground Combat.

Feds think Klingons are OP in space (haven't done much of that, but I'd have to agree based on my experience).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Poor Devs? They do what they want 90% of the time so I don't pity them.

I do pity them however, if they were forced by the publisher to release the game in its current, unstable and lack-of-content condition. This game is lined up for a 60-70% review score currently.

I'm playing, but I'm certainly not as happy with STO as I am with Mass Effect 2 etc. There is a great difference in quality aside from the genre.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 03:49 AM
Cry cry cry,

50% of the forums posts have wrong information in them, and 45% dont even know what they post. 5% of them have some basic information correct but they dont see that both sides can do the same things they whine about.

Ground combat is totally an issue, i dont even want to talk about it.

But space combat atm seems pretty ok.

---

Now about the gearing, Feds get with missions => Blue gear, thus meaning when they level up from 1-10, they already have blue weapons, and blue shield (that are equal to T2 vendor items). When Feds have levelled 11-20, they have again blue gear that is equal to T3 items from vendors. This continues until the last tier of ships are reached and thus again Feds get blue gear on em.

Now i want to point one thing out.... Klingons dont get blue gear from drops/missions thus we have to PvP/Kahless to get our gear (after 20-21 we have 0 PvE missions).

Klingon side:

lvl ~8, you have T1 PvP vendor gear on your ship weapons/shield/tac console etc (PvP/Kahless)
lvl ~15, you have T2 PvP vendor gear on your ship weapons/shield/tac console etc (PvP/Kahless)
lvl ~25, you have T3 PvP vendor gear on your ship weapons/shield/tac console etc (PvP)
lvl ~35, you have T4 PvP vendor gear on your ship weapons/shield/tac console etc (PvP)

Fed side:

lvl ~6, you have equal gear like in T2 (missions)
lvl ~15, you have equal gear like in T3 (missions)
lvl ~25, you have equal gear like in T4 (missions)
lvl ~35, you have equal gear like in T5 (missions)

So they can pretty much a s s **** every Klingon if they premade the blue geared players from x5-> next level in PvP. this is only visible from T2 to later tiers, T1 is a joke anyway as people are nonguilded and learn to play at this bracket(t1).

And no this is not a joke. Its real and Devs have intended it as such.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 03:49 AM
"Proud captain of the USS Alpha Fireborn
...and no it's not because it's on fire... thats a coincidence"

What exactly is the connection between 'Fireborn' and 'being on fire'?

None.

So there is no coincidence.

Best change it dude
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Thus my thread... A lot of work to do...

And with Different tiers, new game, less then 2 years of development, and Klingons being an afterthought... Well you would be ignorant to say that things are very balanced with current build. At this point it is balanced to start, and it becomes less balanced with each tier.

As far as fixes: well there are a lot of noob mistakes that the devs have made... Faction chat being one of them...

I just know that every space group I'm in uses tactics, and it works like a charm while the Feds are not using tactics.... But the moment they start playing smart... The Klingon side can't keep up... This isn't in all tiers as I understand it, just mainly t2 and t4 as I generally see/hear from actual in-game experience and from the multitude of posts I read each day... And yes, I read almost every thread and post.