Lt. Commander
# 1 Already Admirals
02-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Already a Admiral and several Captains online after only 3 days................................ok

First of all that shouldn't even be possible

Second, the people doing it make me wonder what the rush is? Finish it before having to buy it? Did they shower or eat? Oh yeah the downtime allowed for showering.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:36 AM
because they want nothing to do with the game. lol personally ill be taking my time and reading every nugget of dialouge for the story.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Those people are just in the game because it's a new MMO. Very few of those people want to absorb the entire experience of star trek online (such as crashes, DC's, lag, interesting mission scripts, exploring various systems and making new friends).

Either that or they desperately have sleeping problems.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Admirals? Very hard to imagine given all the downtime over the weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 08:38 AM
For some people an MMO isnt something to be savoured and enjoyed. Its something to be conqoured.

I remember one guy in wow who made it to 80 within 2 hours or something of the level cap being raised (from 70) he had about 50 people in his guild helping him power level.

Seems pretty pointless to me, but they pay for the game just like you and me, so its up to them what they do with thier time. (Dont see point of critisiing thier cleanlyness habits either, it really is none of our business if they want to play like that )
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 08:40 AM
I'd be looking to find out what exploit they used, this game is simply not structured to allow someone to grind out all the levels in 3 days.

it has to be some sort of exp exploit or redoable missions are too easy and pay out too much
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 08:42 AM
The problem is, that those handfull idiots made Cryptic doing a sweeping XP nerf just before launch of CO!

I hope Cryptic has learned from that at doesn't screw everyone over again, just because some idiots are exploiting their way to CAP in a couple days. And do a sweeping XP nerf in STO tomorrow as well.

As for STO it will be even more devastating. As it has even less content then CO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Already been spammed by a credit farmer. Mostly like the same explot and/or dedication to grinding.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swag-nyc View Post
I'd be looking to find out what exploit they used, this game is simply not structured to allow someone to grind out all the levels in 3 days.

it has to be some sort of exp exploit or redoable missions are too easy and pay out too much
It's called fleet play.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphion
Already a Admiral and several Captains online after only 3 days................................ok

First of all that shouldn't even be possible

Second, the people doing it make me wonder what the rush is? Finish it before having to buy it? Did they shower or eat? Oh yeah the downtime allowed for showering.
It's because Cryptic was negligent when designing the rank system. Five ranks at 10 levels each will be burnt through quickly in this game. When you skip ranks like Cryptic did this is what happens. If they already made admiral they have nothing more to work for.