Lt. Commander
# 1 Enable_xxxx_offline_mode
02-01-2010, 06:01 AM
Hya and if this is answerd alreday please can sombody send me the link to teh right place in this forum thx

I was wondering about The Phaser Dual heavy Cannons MKI
it says Enable_ Aux_offline_mode
Impuls weapons etc etc

when i hovered over the little ofline mode icon on the screen of teh ship thatw as attacking
it said it put there weapons ofline or something like that but the ship did still fire on me.

So could anybody explain how those abilitys exactly work i would be very gratefull.

Thx
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicia
Hya and if this is answerd alreday please can sombody send me the link to teh right place in this forum thx

I was wondering about The Phaser Dual heavy Cannons MKI
it says Enable_ Aux_offline_mode
Impuls weapons etc etc

when i hovered over the little ofline mode icon on the screen of teh ship thatw as attacking
it said it put there weapons ofline or something like that but the ship did still fire on me.

So could anybody explain how those abilitys exactly work i would be very gratefull.

Thx
Phasers have a 0.5% chance of offlining one of your targets systems. In 15 levels of using 3 phasers on my ship I was able to offline 1 npc's shields one time for about 2 seconds. There is no way to tell really if other systems have been offlined for 2 seconds. So the chance to proc might actually be 0.05%. It is REALLY low. Do not count on it for anything useful
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 06:13 AM
This may explain why I have been occasionally seeing enemy ships lose their shields entirely for anywhere from 2 to 5 seconds. I thought it was a graphics glitch.

This is nice to know that it is not the case.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 06:18 AM
"enable_xxx_offline_mode" is a rather technical way of saying "this might take xxx system offline". I think it's supposed to be the name of the flag they use behind the scenes, and I would've thought they'd have come up with a more user friendly name by now .
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent217 View Post
Phasers have a 0.5% chance of offlining one of your targets systems. In 15 levels of using 3 phasers on my ship I was able to offline 1 npc's shields one time for about 2 seconds. There is no way to tell really if other systems have been offlined for 2 seconds. So the chance to proc might actually be 0.05%. It is REALLY low. Do not count on it for anything useful
does that include all weapons on the enemie ship ?
i mean if they have for example 2 lasers and 1 torpedo does those 2-5 secs include allweapons or only phasers ,and about teh shields does it eman all shield wildrop or only the one you target ?

thx for the quick answer
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 07:21 AM
As a science vessel, I have access to disabling shields, auxiliary power, weapons and engines.
With a few second cooldown between each.
Typically on an NPC, I target auxiliary power first, then use my beams to take out their shields. If they still have any left, I target their shields.

It's not a very big chance, but there is a chance for any of the above to critically fail and render the ship helpless, without shields, dead in the water, or totally drain auxiliary power for a few seconds.

That may be what happened to you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicia
does that include all weapons on the enemie ship ?
i mean if they have for example 2 lasers and 1 torpedo does those 2-5 secs include allweapons or only phasers ,and about teh shields does it eman all shield wildrop or only the one you target ?

thx for the quick answer
All. I've been hit by it in pvp a few times, and all weapons go down for those 5 seconds. And all shields on all sides.
I've never had engines taken offline yet though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletariat12
All. I've been hit by it in pvp a few times, and all weapons go down for those 5 seconds. And all shields on all sides.
I've never had engines taken offline yet though.
I have, I've seen enemy ships go to dead stop, for no reason.

I'd like to think it was because my Phasers proc'd the "Engines Offline" effect, and not attribute it to bad scripting.

Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
"enable_xxx_offline_mode" is a rather technical way of saying "this might take xxx system offline". I think it's supposed to be the name of the flag they use behind the scenes, and I would've thought they'd have come up with a more user friendly name by now .
Correct! This is what that description line means.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 08:15 AM
While I REALLY appreciate Cryptic filling in as much detail as they have in this game (something they have not traditionally made transparent in their games), the more I play this game, the more details like this I see unfinished. I suppose it's just a matter of time before they're all complete. WoW sure as heck didn't have anywhere NEAR the level of polish it does now when it launched. I should probably be submitting bug reports for this sort of thing...