Lt. Commander
# 1 Briar Patch Totally Boring Now
02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
The first of the the mssion is now just a slow, snooze fest. No danger, no strategy, no tactics. You have to really work at blowing up a cloud. The gas seems to have more hit points than any ship i've encountered.

Can you turn up the the danger just a bit? It was one of the only decent missions missions in Beta.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:35 AM
This is what happens when you let the WOW kiddies whine.

The original Briar patch mission was FINE AS IS. please revert it back to the original. In fact, Cryptic, I authorize you to add a few extra turrets and a few extra dreadnaughts and Klingon ships in the mission that uncloak at the wrong moment.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Picard: Mr. Crusher, the carebears in the Arboretum say that using Full Impulse is wilting their pansies... remove Full Impulse from the helm controls.

Wesley: Aye Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:45 AM
I actually also liked the mission as it was in beta before it was changed to be easier. It was HARD, but hilarious.

Having your "friend" go first then blowing up a cloud next to him by "accident" = good times.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 11:13 AM
i agree take the nerf bat away from the briar please. when i had the chance of be blowing up it made the slow crawl worth it now it a pain in the butt
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
Picard: Mr. Crusher, the carebears in the Arboretum say that using Full Impulse is wilting their pansies... remove Full Impulse from the helm controls.

Wesley: Aye Captain.
LMAO! And poor Wesley has not aged well at all, seen him lately? lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Instead of scrapping the gas, or making corridors where no gas will spawn, or distinct pockets of no gas, or at least making full impulse work with no other changes they instead made the highly combustible magic gas hard to burn? Seriously?

As said above, the Briar Patch didn't need a nerf bat. The Briar Patch needs genuine redesign.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 08:05 PM
As I posted in a similar thread:

I agree, I actually liked the old difficult version better.

I would suggest either:

1) Clouds do a lot more damage (like Beta), but they have high health pool (like now).

OR

2) Clouds do only a little damage (like now), but they have a very low health pool (like Beta).

Full Impulse isn't needed if you use a Speed preset.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 02:25 AM
They seem to have changed the mechanic with the gas clouds. It used to be they detonated if you fired at them. Now they detonate if ANYONE fires within 4k of them. So now instead of luring enemies within range and then blowing them up, you just lure them into range and their own weapons fire ignites the cloud.

While I prefer the old mission myself, the new way is more inline with Nemesis. It was the Son'a cruisers' own fire that ignited the metreon gas, not the Enterprise firing into the gas.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 04:40 AM
In fact it was Resurection where the Enterprise-E used the gas.

I liked the old one. Had to "sneak" in. Plot a way trough the asteroids and the gas. Used asteroids as Line of sights to other turret batteries so just one was in sight, altered ways, pull enemy near gasclouds and killed them through those.

It was all more "thinking" then just "fly ahead and kill". And off course more Star Trek like