Lt. Commander
So Mr./Mrs./Ms. Devs,

Is there any way we could get some kind of official response to the current functionality of Memory Alpha?

After dumping several stacks of each red anomaly data and around 10k energy credits worth of medium hypos from DS9 into Romaine's pockets, I (and many other folks it would seem) can't seem to advance at all. She reminds me of my ex wife.

So could you guys/gals please give us some kind of word on the topic? Maybe something as simple as:

1) Memory Alpha is not working as intended. Please refrain from spending your resources there until we can resolve the issue.
2) Memory Alpha is supposed to be cryptic (haha). It is working as intended and you just need to figure it out on your own.
3) You ain't got no problem, Whistlinjoe. I'm on it. Go back in there, chill them trekkies out and wait for the Wolf who should be coming directly.
4 )We're looking into it...

Any type of acknowledgment would be greatly appreciated.

Also see:

My Concerns on Memory Alpha

Memory Alpha and Exploration Badges

Does Memory Alpha work yet?

So, Memory Alpha is just another shop...?

Crafting Guide(T1 to T2) (note: 63 is NOT the magic number as far as I have heard or seen. I reached that number last night and no dice)

Thanks a ton,
Joe
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:47 AM
I have to admit that I'm finding the official silence on this subject quite deafening. I think right now they're not saying anything because they know that if they admit its not working then this is another subject to slap them with.

My guess is that we'll have to wait until after launch when server stability is better before they'll approach the subject of crafting in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 09:40 AM
That's a shame

Heck, Ill even add an incentive/bribe and Paypal any dev that answers enough cash to purchase two units of his/her favorite adult beverage (be that skinny vanilla late or jack and coke).

Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Ok, I'm glad it wasn't just me and the other 20 people there who was unable to figure it out. I'll just keep the resources for now and check the C-store later for a crafting update.

I kid, I kid
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Personally until some clarity is brought to the crafting I'm just going to save my materials rather than waste them. The dev's have indicated that crafting can be seen as an alternative form of gearing up side by side with PvE missions and PvP, so I'm not missing much I don't think. Maybe at T4-5 they'res some nice stuff but hopefully this will be addressed before we all get there.

I'm not one of the games haters but if you were looking for evidence to say "See!??! It's a rushed game with incomplete, half-assed content and a tacked on crafting system only put in so the marketing dude can say 'oh yes, we have crafting in game!'" then you could look no further than Memory Alpha.

Please devs, work with us here, c'mon. Either tell us Memory Alpha is not quite 100% complete so we can stop wasting our time ftm or give us more info on how to advance in the crafting system.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
generally I noticed Memory Alpha seems to be upgrades and every time I think I may need to check there to see what's worth getting I find something good via a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
I have to admit that I'm finding the official silence on this subject quite deafening. I think right now they're not saying anything because they know that if they admit its not working then this is another subject to slap them with.

My guess is that we'll have to wait until after launch when server stability is better before they'll approach the subject of crafting in the game.
I think its more like this :-

Moderator : OH NO !!!! Issue with Memory Alpha !!! <rushes to the developers> GUYS...

Developers : <looks up from his mountain of server optimisation code > Wait before you say anyhting, is it involving the login issues ? is it involving any of the dozen URGENT issues which I am working on right now ? IF not stick it in that pile and I will look at it later. <waits a few seconds and dives back into his battle with the optimiser>

Moderator : puts request for clarification is the pile and goes back to the forums.

Seriously its headstart there are a few major issues which they need to sort out and probably have all hands at battle stations working on it.

The moderators have to be very careful what they say on these forums because whilst the majority of us are open minded and understand that a comment here is not set in stone, there are enough of us who do not realise this to make any forum mod very careful about saying anything.

Gadareth
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 10:14 AM
/signed

I'd settle for ANY answer at this point. I hope it's broke and not working as intended. If it's WAI, the system is a bigger fail than I already think it is.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadareth View Post
I think its more like this :-

Moderator : OH NO !!!! Issue with Memory Alpha !!! <rushes to the developers> GUYS...

Developers : <looks up from his mountain of server optimisation code > Wait before you say anyhting, is it involving the login issues ? is it involving any of the dozen URGENT issues which I am working on right now ? IF not stick it in that pile and I will look at it later. <waits a few seconds and dives back into his battle with the optimiser>

Moderator : puts request for clarification is the pile and goes back to the forums.

Seriously its headstart there are a few major issues which they need to sort out and probably have all hands at battle stations working on it.

The moderators have to be very careful what they say on these forums because whilst the majority of us are open minded and understand that a comment here is not set in stone, there are enough of us who do not realise this to make any forum mod very careful about saying anything.

Gadareth

Serious issues such as rewards that you don't get. Had that twice. And even a reward you can't use. Will not equip.

So, I would have to agree that "crafting" is not high on the list