Lt. Commander
I got to thinking last night...where are all the animals in the Star Trek universe? Sure we have Targs and Tribbles...but we seriously need some more animals. It would be nice to d oan exploration mission where you need to scan animals...or try to figure out wht they eat...or something.

Now I know animals wouldn't hang around stinky nasty Klingon camps...but there are plenty of times when Klingons/Orion/etc aren't around.

How about some birds, deer like critters, heck even giant spider things? Just something to ponder =)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 07:57 AM
It was something I noticed too. Obviously not in due to time constraints. I hope animals are put in later tho.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Maybe you're just too loud.

Ever go into the woods and not see all the deer, rabbits, and monkeys that you KNOW are there?

Could be that.

Or the giant spiders you mentioned got them all, and they're just waiting. Watching and waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Well I suppose at the very least thereisn't a quest to kill 10 wolves and bring back their fur...that's gotta be a first, right? LMAO
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 10:38 AM
ya those exploration planets are dead where are all the aliens to interact with. How am i supposed to help the federation make new trading treatys and all that other cool stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanemura View Post
Well I suppose at the very least thereisn't a quest to kill 10 wolves and bring back their fur...that's gotta be a first, right? LMAO
You know... if this joke continues to be brought back up, there's likely going to be a mission that has something to do with genetically modified Targs and how we need to collect 10 Genetically modified Targ skins for further analysis.

Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
theyre too busy to bother with critters at this point. can't blame them! no doubt they've been working over time to get this product ready and out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelzie View Post
You know... if this joke continues to be brought back up, there's likely going to be a mission that has something to do with genetically modified Targs and how we need to collect 10 Genetically modified Targ skins for further analysis.

Heh heh. I bet there will be for Klingons, eventually.

At anyrate, I noticed this too, particularly on one planet that had me scanning for decalitium. It had a lovely lake and awesome flora, and I thought to myself: "How effin cool would it be if a serpentine alien broke the surface of that lake and started swimming across the horizon". Then I notised there were no critters. I lamented it for a moment, thinking that it really was the small things that help, then I moved on.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Tribbles and Trogs have overrun all other fauna on every planet.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Klingon's ate them all.

ALL THE ANIMALS IN THE QUADRANT.

-Vox