Lt. Commander
# 1 I'm having fun....
02-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Launch has been on par with about every other MMO ever released in the last 10 years (those who say otherwise were most likely not there).... There is always crashes, patches, load balancing, redesigning, more patches, etc.... HINT: Never take a week off work for a headstart, take a week off work a month after the game comes out if you want to play 24/7.

However, when I can play, I can say that "I'm having fun." I just thought I would share as a lot of people tend to be spamming the forums with the doomsday predictions however it seemed on par for me.

Thanks for scheduling the maintenance/crashes around my weekend. With two kids and working on house projects, the servers were up the whole time I could get away to play
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:01 AM
this is my first MMO because i've been waiting for a star trek MMO and i'm having a blast. i come from the entertainment industry where nothing ever goes right so i completely understand that there are growing pains. that said, it's nice to see someone with experience reassure me that my lifetime subscription was not a waste of money. thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Agreed, this is the way of EVERY MMO launch. I mean, when WoW launched, that first week was barely 4 days. This is perfectly normal for a game and everyone that you're seeing on here going insane with complaints and threats are only examples of the Greater Internet D**kwad Theory.

Normal person + Anonymity + Audience = Total D**kwad

Your hard work is appreciated, Cryptic. It's gotta suck for you guys to be devoting your weekend to working on this, time I'm sure you'd rather be spending with your families and/or much-needed R&R.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Same here. And your Kermit is awsomely armed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
Launch has been on par with about every other MMO ever released in the last 10 years (those who say otherwise were most likely not there).... There is always crashes, patches, load balancing, redesigning, more patches, etc.... HINT: Never take a week off work for a headstart, take a week off work a month after the game comes out if you want to play 24/7.

However, when I can play, I can say that "I'm having fun." I just thought I would share as a lot of people tend to be spamming the forums with the doomsday predictions however it seemed on par for me.

Thanks for scheduling the maintenance/crashes around my weekend. With two kids and working on house projects, the servers were up the whole time I could get away to play
Hehehehe, a lot of people says the same when a mmorpg begins. "The End is Coming! Nothing works. I want my money back!" this game is really well done.

I know what is really bad I play Age of Conan...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 08:07 AM
STO is just great, and I have great hopes for the future of it. I have so much fun playing I hardly have time to eat
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Agreed, and I love your avatar.

In all honesty the Beta and HS launch went way smoother than I was expecting given all the doom and gloom....
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Agreed!

I'm havnig a blast too! So much fun!

I love the people who start talking Class Action Lawsuit before the game is officially even released.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Agreed, when I have been in game it is great fun and the slight annoyance at unexpected downtime (since my play time is limited) is all forgotten when I have three klingon birds of prey de-cloaking in front of me
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Aye im also having a blast
I dont really care what ohers say