Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 10:17 AM
The game is veery very addictive.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I finally clawed my way back to LTC1. So, now I'm having fun again.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivious View Post
Hehehehe, a lot of people says the same when a mmorpg begins. "The End is Coming! Nothing works. I want my money back!" this game is really well done.

I know what is really bad I play Age of Conan...
*** is very good as well, moreso now that they grounded the Mages to 'normal', infact everything AFTER *** feels... slow.

I keep it for sometimes when i need some 'real action' and i dont like counterstrike.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I've only managed limited time in both the open beta and headstart, but haven't really found anything to complain about; in fact, it's the first game in months that's managed to pull me away from WoW, and I feel the headstart's been much smoother than Age of Conan's was!

But glitches and server downtimes at the start of an MMO are part of the experience, and you've got to just roll with them. Two or three years down the line, those hiccups take on a sort of nostalgia, I've found. I mean, it's doubtful anyone who subscribes after launch will be able to say, "Hey, remember when the game glitched out and we beamed down with our away team as our ships?"*

*Seriously, I thought the ship glitch in open beta was hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
I consider myself lucky in some sense...by the time Aussie's get the game over a week after the release of the game most of the HARDCORE bugs have been fixed i am really looking forward to playing star trek online...
Keep ironing those bugs out for me guys keep up great work

Also yeah wow was buggy as uno when it first came out.Massive lag spikes and so on could not loot over half the stuff u killed due to it been bugged the list went on and on not to mention that wow was at its peak PLAYERS not ACCOUNTS when TBC came out.That was over a year after they released WoW Original.Looking at the the First product of STO is looking great and with plenty of time to get things right in the game i think cryptic will do very well with this game Providing they do not turn into the money hungry suckers like blizz are .
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Yep, when the game works, it is a LOT OF FUN
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
It's nice to finally find an MMO that's not a WoW clone *cough* **** *cough*.

I'm really enjoying this game. Bugs and all.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haplo48 View Post
It's nice to finally find an MMO that's not a WoW clone *cough* **** *cough*.

I'm really enjoying this game. Bugs and all.
I had 2 play the same mission 3 times.... had fun every time, was excited as the last time dropped better stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
I had 2 play the same mission 3 times.... had fun every time, was excited as the last time dropped better stuff.
hehe Same kind of thing happened to me. And yes, it was fun every time.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I agree, I'm having a blast as well; haven't had this much fun since the opening days of WoW original.

Even with all the bugs and server whatnot, I think what excites me most is that I can see this game's potential. Once the major launch bugs are squashed, we've got an excellent framework for almost limitless adventure both on the ground and in space.