Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I can't seem to find whether these are well-known prevalent bugs, or if I'm in a minority here. These are the bugs I'm talking about:

1) In KvK I sometimes get a Federation and Klingon scoreboard. In FvK it sometimes has a scoreboard with two Klingon house names.

2) At the end of any pvp battle, the score is always 0-0, and it always says both sides won (Red side wins! and blue side wins!)

3) I cannot complete any mission that involves winning, or even participitating in any pvp combat; e.g. entering the fray of battle.

Any help/comments/suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm having the same problem, along with the Federation quest equivalents.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Any idea how widespread this problem is? Anyone *not* having this problem? I'f so, I'd love to know, maybe we can do some sleuthing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
If anyone reading this is *not* having any of these problems, could you please reply? I'd like at least to know whether this bug is universal or just affects a few people.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 04:18 AM
I have this problem too.
My character is stuck on "entering the fray of battle" mission.I've dropped it retook it etc.but still won't complete.
Also noticed the same thing in matches (both side wins).
Thought of deleting character and starting a new one,but my brother made 1 to test out and same problem for him so not sure if there is any point.
Being stuck at the first pvp mission is very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Same here. Cant seem to get any of the pvp, win a house battle or hostile engagement mission to work

And despite being first, second or third and wining the match "everybody wins" is the only result i end up seeing .

heh its just like play junior soccer
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Bugs 1 and 2 are well known and old, everyone has them.

But the quests work for the most. Well they work, only with the flaw that no matter if you win or not they count. Seems it's the other way round with you?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 10:29 AM
This is a nasty bug.
The both sides winning isn't so bad if the mission at least updates.
"Entering the fray of battle" mission only requires that you take part in either a house or encounter battle.
This mission won't update after I finish a pvp match.I try to speak to the Q giver but all he has is some info about arena.Also on accepting the quest ,when I hail KDF and speak to him again he only has Arena info and no "entering the fray of battle in progress" unlike the other Qgivers who say that for their respective missions.

I still get some skill points when doing pvp,but it has taken me over 6 hours of constant pvp to go from Lt6 to Lt8.
Is it because my client is still from Open Beta?.Do I need to uninstall and reinstall from the box,wipe my characters and start again?Should I push ahead and try to make LtCmdr and hope different pvp quests open up?
Not sure but I think this quest is the starter for ALL arena type pvp quests,so being stuck here will never move to next set.
Any feedback at all on what to try to get round this would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Ok an update.
The "enter the fray mission" finally updated.
What I did.
I grouped up with my brother(who was also "stuck" on mission".
I entered us into only space Arena pvp as group.
Kept the group as just the 2 of us.
We won the Arena match,mission updated to contact Kultran.
Stayed on map untill booted.
Turned in mission successfully in sector space by hailing KDF.

I don't know how or why it worked like this ,as I had done some Arena matches and won but mission still failed to update,however doing it like this made it work.