Lt. Commander
# 1 doubt about science console
02-01-2010, 08:09 AM
want means starship hazard system and spatial anomaly?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:15 AM
there are certain skills.. polarize hull is one, that are dependant on the hazard system. a science console w/ + hazard would benefit that skill
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Hazard system deals with stuff that protects and repairs your ship from environmental effects, like plasma leaks, fires, etc. So basically DoT effects like plasma are handled by the hazard system, or radiation damage from nebulae, etc. Essentially it helps heal hull

The spatial anomaly stat deals with making and handling spatial anomalies. These are things like gravity well, tyken's rift, etc. These are things that warp the fabric of the space-time continuum.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Usually, you can assume that science consoles will improve the powers of your Science officers .I didn't find this out until recently, but you can find out exactly which stats will improve your officers' current abilities by hitting P to look at the Powers list, and clicking on the individual powers. The full description will list the skills/stats that are relevant to that power.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:20 AM
If you right click the console you're thinking about, and choose "info", it'll give you a list of some of the abilities it will help out with.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC26 View Post
If you right click the console you're thinking about, and choose "info", it'll give you a list of some of the abilities it will help out with.
Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that part of the puzzle. That's what you have to compare to the power descriptions I talked about.

So for example, in this case, you'd look at the console info and see "+7.5 Hazard Emitters", and then you'd check all of your bridge officer skills to see if any of them mention the "Hazard Emitters" skill.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NthDegree256 View Post
Usually, you can assume that science consoles will improve the powers of your Science officers .I didn't find this out until recently, but you can find out exactly which stats will improve your officers' current abilities by hitting P to look at the Powers list, and clicking on the individual powers. The full description will list the skills/stats that are relevant to that power.
Except that this early in the game, I barely have any abilities that include these relevant skills/stats in the description. Actually, the only power I have that does this is my Engineer's Emergency Power to Weapons. My other officer's power, Torpedo: High Yield, doesn't say anything about skills boosting it. Unless there's a more in-depth description somewhere else that I haven't found yet.

I mean, I can figure out that my phasers are *probably* powered by Starship Energy Weapons, and I'm assuming the "Rotate Shield Frequency" thing listed in the "Starship Engineering Training" will buff how fast I can transfer shield strength between different parts of my shield... maybe it doesn't. I don't know. I don't have any foolproof way of saying anything does or does not affect anything. The only references I can find are the same old Skills menu information that give you two or three examples of things that are affected, and none of them are abilities I actually have =/