Lt. Commander
# 1 Not sure what to think
02-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Played open beta and it was fine. Bought a lifetime subscription, came on today for the first time and the lag is so bad it is completely unplayable in and around the spacedock. What happened?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Everyone who pre-ordered is trying to be on for Head-Start. This means right now the servers are holding a load higher than they normally will after the 2nd.

Additionally, the issue is not a hardware one, so it's not that they need more servers. Nipping that in the bud before it gets argued over.

I know it bites to have lag and not be able to enjoy the head start, but there's nothing that can be done about that. Over the next week or so you should see the server being more stable with less lag.

As well, be sure to check your specs to see if the lag is caused by graphics rather than population. If you think that that may be the issue, many of us, including myself, would be glad to offer assistance.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
No I just spent $1000 on a new computer to run this game and it is not my hardware. Like I said the beta ran fine. In fact the noob walkthrough ran fine today also. It was back at the spacedock when things went bad. I mean I was floating there and literally all of the other ships were skipping erratically back and forth in front of me and my own controls were useless. I don't mean delayed, i mean useless, as in nothing happened. Inside the spacedock was just as bad. I also got booted from the server 5 times within an hour's time.

This can not be even close to what they have to offer when they go live I hope. Like I said I just spent another $240 for a lifetime subscription.