Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorbrand View Post
For the aid missions buy the items from a trader ship. They have them for you.

Yes there should be now cool down.
the problem with those missions is that as an explorer your spending your "gold" to acheive the mission. which other gameplay orientation ask you to spend something? see whats wrong? where is the benefit gain? any other mission asking you to spent 1000 energy a shot?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I'll tell you why there is a cooldown.. there was an "Abuse" with the aid missions.

Some history on this:
Exploration Sectors used to have roughly 10x the anomaly's popping up then they do now
You could enter and leave an "unknow planet" anomaly over and over again to rack up a list of "Aid X Planet" quests.
You could then, once you have 15+ Aid quests ready to be completed back to back in less then 5 minutes.. get the badge quest.. do turn in 3, get the badge quest, turn in 3.. so on and so forth.

That is why NOW:

Aid Missions give LESS Skill Points then other missions
There is a timer on the Quest Giver
There are fewer anomoly's in each sector

On a side note, I personally dont bother doing these for the badges untill you can get rank 3 badges.

Rank 3 Badges "buy more" (only 70 needed for most things that require them) and the gear is MUCH nicer.. Collecting Rank 1 badges is a complete waste of time.. and Rank 2's are "meh".. I dont hunt them down but I'll use the ones I get..
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
I'll tell you why there is a cooldown.. there was an "Abuse" with the aid missions.

Some history on this:
Exploration Sectors used to have roughly 10x the anomaly's popping up then they do now
You could enter and leave an "unknow planet" anomaly over and over again to rack up a list of "Aid X Planet" quests.
You could then, once you have 15+ Aid quests ready to be completed back to back in less then 5 minutes.. get the badge quest.. do turn in 3, get the badge quest, turn in 3.. so on and so forth.

That is why NOW:

Aid Missions give LESS Skill Points then other missions
There is a timer on the Quest Giver
There are fewer anomoly's in each sector

On a side note, I personally dont bother doing these for the badges untill you can get rank 3 badges.

Rank 3 Badges "buy more" (only 70 needed for most things that require them) and the gear is MUCH nicer.. Collecting Rank 1 badges is a complete waste of time.. and Rank 2's are "meh".. I dont hunt them down but I'll use the ones I get..
Funny, now no one even does the aid missions. I think the nerf bat got swung too hard.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Ehh.. its still exploitable.. once you have around 100k energy credits.. which isnt hard.. just buy about 30 of each type of "Aid" commodity and then fly around only doing the Aid missions.

Since they dont require ANY combat and its just a matter of entering the "Unknown" area and checking the goal you can knock out 3 of these in about 10 minutes.. compared to 10+ minutes Per for the "normal" explorer missions.

But once again I say its not really worth the effort as "SP" grind and Rank 1 and 2 medals are bleh.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Interesting question, why don't they just give 25 of the exploration badges when you complete any exploration mission rather than having a 'complete 3 and get 75 badges'?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielV
Interesting question, why don't they just give 25 of the exploration badges when you complete any exploration mission rather than having a 'complete 3 and get 75 badges'?
The complete 3 missions also give out additional skill, BO, and merit points. This could all be rolled down though along with the badges as you suggest though.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I would imagine because its easier to change what a single quest gives then it is to change three..

Imagine if you will.. first they want a way of limiting how often you can gain these tokens.. so once every 15 minutes for the cooldown to expire..

Then.. say they decide they want to change the reward from 75 tokens to .. 12 tokens... rather then going through every single exploraple quest and marking them to give 4 tokens each.. you change just that one quest to give 12.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
may seem a stupid question but what is the difference between the different lvl of badges, and how do you tell which ones you are going to get? (How do you get higher lvls?)
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
once you have around 100k energy credits.. which isnt hard.. just buy about 30 of each type of "Aid" commodity and then fly around only doing the Aid missions.
am i just dumb or do you have to buy them 1 at a time? what a pain :S

if it is possible to buy items in bulk could someone tell me?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2010, 02:56 AM
30 min cool down for Zeta...